When will people accept that Lebron is better/as good as than Jordan

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
we sweep this under the rug because he overachieved and he wasn't going to win this series regardless of how well he played.

I look at series you lose as the favorite that can hit on your legacy.

Makes sense:ehh:

But if that's the case, the 2008 NBA Finals should never be brought up again against Kobe being that the Celtics were the favorites:yeshrug:

Being that it does, I'm still going to remember that horrific NBA Finals series of 2007:scusthov:

Last edited:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
First: The Magic example is wrong, because they never use that series to discredit him. A lot series is a lost series. They dropped it to a great team.

Second: The 2004 finals has never - ever ever ever - defined kobe.

But people on this board - specifically - like to point to the Mavs series as if it defines LeBron - who is is in his prime and coming off back-to-back titles, one of which JUST HAPPENED.

You wanna talk legacies? Fine. Do it when that's all that remains. But you're talking about a player in his prime who is dominating and improving, and people are trying to tie him to a legacy that isn't his anymore. The choke-LeBron legacy is gone. He's dominated everyone in the league, and is the best player of his generation. Good lord, you're making a Knick fan defend a Heat star, shyt is disgusting.

Stop acting like every achievement by LeBron is some backhanded MJ slight, it's ho shyt.

Magic Johnson takes blame for this series, the lakers could've won this series if Magic played like himself, similiar to lebron in 2011 against the mavs.

I'm not saying 2004 defines Kobe, but when people talk about his all time place they will point this series out as a pause to cause when discussing him in their ranking.

Yes the choke lebron legacy is gone, no one can call him a choker anymore, but we absolutely have a right to look back at 2011 as pause to cause with lebron because he should be sitting on 3 rings now and IT WAS HIS PLAY IN THAT SERIES THAT DIRECTLY cost the heat the title. I don't think we can deny that.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First: The Magic example is wrong, because they never use that series to discredit him. A lot series is a lost series. They dropped it to a great team.

Second: The 2004 finals has never - ever ever ever - defined kobe.

But people on this board - specifically - like to point to the Mavs series as if it defines LeBron - who is is in his prime and coming off back-to-back titles, one of which JUST HAPPENED.

You wanna talk legacies? Fine. Do it when that's all that remains. But you're talking about a player in his prime who is dominating and improving, and people are trying to tie him to a legacy that isn't his anymore. The choke-LeBron legacy is gone. He's dominated everyone in the league, and is the best player of his generation. Good lord, you're making a Knick fan defend a Heat star, shyt is disgusting.

Stop acting like every achievement by LeBron is some backhanded MJ slight, it's ho shyt.

Dude what is the title of this thread? This discussions is about whether lebron is as good or better than MJ. MJ doesn't have the type of tarnish on his legacy that lebron has with his mavs series where he was clearly on the better team yet choked. You need to come to terms with that goddamn.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dude what is the title of this thread? This discussions is about whether lebron is as good or better than MJ. MJ doesn't have the type of tarnish on his legacy that lebron has with his cav series where he was clearly on the better team yet choked. You need to come to terms with that goddamn.

2010 against boston you can say was a choke, i don't know if you blame delonte, but after game 3 lebron wasn't the same.

2009 was this really a choke? Lebron averaged 38-8-8 and everyone else sucked, and MB was badly outcoached.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2010 against boston you can say was a choke, i don't know if you blame delonte, but after game 3 lebron wasn't the same.

2009 was this really a choke? Lebron averaged 38-8-8 and everyone else sucked, and MB was badly outcoached.

Sorry I meant mavs, edited my post.

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Ok let me try to end this:

LEBRON
JORDAN
  • 6-time NBA champion: 1991-93, 1996-98 (all with Chicago Bulls)
  • First Team: 1987-93, 1996-98[8][9]
  • Second Team: 1985[8][9]
SO LETS REVIEW, Lebron has never led the league in steals, scoring titles MJ leads 10-1, Mike led the league in minutes 3 times (more durable), MJ was defensive player of the year LBJ never (MJ way better defensively), MJ won 2 Dunk Contest Lebron has been scared to enter, MJ never went to a game 7 in a finals let alone lost like LBJ, Mike has more of every other trophy Lebron has earned. Lebron has only 4 years to catch MJ in these categories against much weaker competition & easier NBA rules. Lebron is good for his era but isn't in MJ's class.... well maybe at the back of the class??:troll:

krexzen

All Star
Daps
Never, it ain't just what Mike did, It's the way he did it. I don't have any negative memories of Jordan.

Looty

Looty
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Lets not forget that LeBron was a LUCKY ASS Ray Allen 3 away from being 1-3 in the finals. Would :mjpls: have let it get that close?
Let's not forget Lebron clutch play in the 4th brought them up from a stretch and that 3 wouldn't have matter....

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
When he learns how to hit a jumper :rudy:

When he wins 6 rings :rudy:

When he never loses a finals :rudy:

When he averages 30+ppg for 8 seasons in a row :rudy:

When he doesn't get punked by subpar defenders :rudy:

I could go on and on, but I got other things to do. You get the picture.

LOL-BRAH-NOT-GONNA-HAPPEN.jpg

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Never, it ain't just what Mike did, It's the way he did it. I don't have any negative memories of Jordan.

You forgot from 1985-1987 he was swept out of the playoffs twice in the 1st round and had a playoff record of 1-9?

You forgot from 1988-1990 he was the Pistons' bytch and lost in 3 consecutive years to them in the playoffs?

You forgot his horrible 1995 series against the Orlando Magic and more importantly.........Nick Anderson?

I guess Gatorade/Hanes/Ball Park/ESPN/Sports Illustrated really did do their job in erasing any bad memory of Jordan:mjpls:

It's like yall make it seem like Jordan only played 8 years.

He came in the league and 3 peated (91-93), left to play baseball, came back and won 3 more championships (96-98) then retired again, then came back and averaged 20, 5, 5 at 40 years old for the Wizards for a couple years.

krexzen

All Star
Daps
You forgot from 1985-1987 he was swept out of the playoffs twice in the 1st round and had a playoff record of 1-9?

You forgot from 1988-1990 he was the Pistons' bytch and lost in 3 consecutive years to them in the playoffs?

You forgot his horrible 1995 series against the Orlando Magic and more importantly.........Nick Anderson?

I guess Gatorade/Hanes/Ball Park/ESPN/Sports Illustrated really did do their job in erasing any bad memory of Jordan:mjpls:

To be honest, the Magic series is the only one I'm old enough to remember. Maybe what you say is true, but I don't remember seeing Jordan with a lost look on his face or being afraid to fail.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
To be honest, the Magic series is only one I'm old enough to remember. Maybe what you say is true, but I don't remember seeing Jordan with a lost look on his face or being afraid to fail.

That explains it breh.

It's cool, I aint trying to diss you or nothing, and Jordan is STILL better than LeBron is. GOAT player ever.

But the media makes it out to seem like Jordan only had Championship success on the Bulls, played at 40 on the Wizards, and then pretty much "Men In Black"'d the rest of his career out of people's minds:heh:

tumblr_m8k1wfQdOk1ryiagzo1_500.gif