When Walking With A Woman On The Sidewalk...Men Should Walk On The Outside

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/ Jersey / ATL / LA / Panoramic Roofs
That's the old school rules. Y'all gave that up in favor of feminism, as far as I'm concerned. The fukk I look like putting my health and safety below a woman's... Nope. I'll get ran over by a car and that bytch will have a new bf next motherfukking week. Nope not me

Equality means women putting their safety at risk for men for once. But we all know that's bs

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Yes I’ve heard of it, my dad taught me that and even my oldest brother does it when we hang out. The thinking was around the following: if a car splashes a puddle, you shield her, if a car jumps the curb, you shield her, if some shyt is going down - fight shooting etc - you can shield her against a building or push her into the door of one.

I’m not super stringent about making men do this, but the ones who have done it with me, especially when I know they do it purposely, get props. I know they had some old school men/teachings/chilvary in their lives. No offense, but it definitely is something I saw as a difference between dudes who grew up with a father and those who didn’t.
Honestly, it's just plain old consideration/selflessness. You don't need a father for that.

concise

Veteran
Daps
I only heard of this rule a few years ago on the internet and it never made any sense to me. Cars and puddles aren't the only dangers out there. :patrice:

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
I WAS TAUGHT THIS ALSO. YOU WALK ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE SIDEWALK. IF SOMEONE APPROACHES YOU THEY WILL BE ON THE LEFT. IF THEY ATTACK YOU CAN OFFER YOUR FREE OFFHAND FOR DEFENSE. YOUR LADY WILL LIKELY BE ON YOUR RIGHT ARM. THAT'S WHY I KEEP MY KNIFE/PISTOL ON THE RIGHT SIDE. I DO THE SAME WHEN I WALK WITH MY MOM.

MY GRANDPARENTS WERE VERY OLD SCHOOL. I MODIFIED THE PLAN A BIT THOUGH. MY MOM AND SISTER BOTH HAVE CPL'S NOW AND BOTH CARRY A KNIFE ALSO. TIMES HAVE CHANGED.

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
shorty told me...women should be on the inside closer to the buildings...men on the outside closer to the street....

where did this "rule" come from?.....ever heard of it?...:patrice:
My wife does this shyt. She throw a fit if she facing the street and I'm on the inside.