When they got the money in Dead Presidents, why didn't they leave town?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I think the dude Larenz Tate's character is based off of, ended up only doing a couple of years after good behavior

that ending scene at the court was sad and funny at the same time
Holy shyt!! I never knew this

Dead Presidents is based partly on the real-life experiences of Haywood T. Kirkland (aka Ari S. Merretazon), whose true story was detailed in the book Bloods: An Oral History of the Vietnam War by Black Veterans by Wallace Terry.

b. woods

Peace
Daps
"This ain't the Marines. We don't get to eat for free."

"Silly ass nightmares"

A truly despicable woman. Even if he didn't resort to crime, he would have aged horribly if he had stayed with her.

:smh: at her nut-ass ignorance and inconsiderateness of what Anthony went through

Like Vietnam was all one big joke at some happy-time fun camp :stopitslime:

b. woods

Peace
Daps
Not it wouldn't look suspicious. Kirby was sort of a mob boss so nobody would've said nothing bout him. Even if suspicious they would've been long gone. I wish they made it to Mexico, I was screaming for them to hurry up.:damn:

What's funny is they had time to leave, ain't no way them agents got dude to snitch and had enough time to catch up

Kirby was running numbers and bribing the NYPD to keep them off his back. Unfortunately, they were being greedy and demanding MORE :stopitslime:, so he gave them the :camby: and cut ties with them.

And because of that, he had to hustle here and there to get by afterwards.

Last edited:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Cowboy didn't know when to shut the fukk up. :stopitslime:

And that's why he got his issue. :birdman:

I only wish Anthony would have done the same (plus more) to Cutty. :demonic:

And Cleon as well :pacspit:

Should had let Kirby handled Cleon:demonic:. But that's their "motherfukking punk ass friend":camby:

b. woods

Peace
Daps
Man i hate that whole storyline in the movie. Anthony was a punk. How you survive the vietcong but come back home and getting beat up by a pimp named Curly? :hhh:

:ehh: To be fair, Anthony's hands were filled with groceries and Cutty ("Curly" :pachaha:) snuck him, and he fell down that flight of stairs and dinged the back of his head on that metal grating.

Anyone can get snuck; it happens. :manny:

Plus, Cutty pulling the :violent: out to ensure Anthony would not retaliate (although he showed no fear, which lowkey caught Cutty off guard :myman:).