Votes: 7 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
The fact of the matter is, Lebron is on a level where he makes the best decisions in late game situations on paper - but I think his mistake is in thinking his teammates think like him.

Like yeah, Hill cutting to the basket is what makes sense in a perfect world, but you could tell George Hill was shook during those free throws and wanted no part of the second one.

Lebron doesn’t take into account that the people surrounding him don’t have the same mentality as him. Which is why he’s Lebron and gets paid big money, he can handle high pressure situations in crunch time and can be trusted to make the right decision. Where it gets fukked up, is when the best decision ends up putting someone at the line who doesn’t want to be there - so even though it was the right thing to do on paper, the resulting outcome makes it wrong in retrospect.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
The Cavs may have blown game 1, but they sure ass hell have an excellent chance of taking game 2.

This narrative of GS waking up and exploding is exaggerated by the media. As if the Cavs are gonna lay down and let them have their way.

The Cavs will continue to control the tempo, control the boards and make Steph work for the ball.

Cleveland is still in very good shape right now.

Daps
6gprnuB.jpg

@Broke Wave

Daps
I'm digging these posts happening at reddit:
1st Quarter
4:07 - Hill fouling Durant for his second personal. This one seemed a bit soft, but there seemed to be some illegal contact. I don't believe they showed a replay of this, so I can't fully confirm.

2nd Quarter
Going to gloss over a couple of fouls by Green and Korver plus a no call where Curry tried to draw contact that all seemed like the correct decisions.
3:07 - Green fouling Love for his second personal. This one was similar to the Hill foul in that it was a bit soft, but it didn't send the Cavs to the line or put him in foul trouble, so it's not a huge deal.
1:50 - Hill picks up his 3rd for fouling Green on a layup. Not a lot of contact, but there was a push.
1:05 - Green fouls LeBron in the face and then gets a tech. There really shouldn't be a lot of complaining here. It looked like an obvious common foul and a tech. I don't see how you give a flagrant here.

3rd Quarter
Glossing over a correctly called loose-ball foul on Tristan Thompson and a correctly called shooting foul on Curry.
6:11 - Hill gets his 4th for fouling Green. Is Hill just worse at hiding the fact that he's making contact? It's soft, but it's still a foul.
Also glossing over a couple of soft but correct loose-ball foul calls on Looney.

4th Quarter
9:32 - Korver fouls Thompson on the 3pt attempt. Come on Kyle, it's a foul.
Alright, here comes the good stuff.
6:43 - James called for the foul on Durant. LeBron strips him cleanly, but Nance has his hands all over Durant. The foul call is right, but they gave it to the wrong guy. The fact that none of the commentators noticed this is disappointing.
5:57 - Looney gets LeBron's hand but isn't called for the foul. Yes, this is a bad call. The only defence I have is that it looked clean in real time, so I wouldn't say it's egregious, but the Cavs do have a right to be upset about this call.
3:54 - Here's something no one's talking about. Looney get hacked by James on a shot attempt, yet no call. It ended up being an out-of-bounds for Cleveland. They even showed a replay, but none of the commentators said anything.
0:37 - Durant charge overturned to a blocking foul by James. There's really not much for me to add here that hasn't been explained by the league. In my opinion, this is the correct call.

Overtime
4:06 - Hill fouls Durant for his 5th. Bad call, that's it.
3:54 - Hill wants a foul by Green on a layup attempt. I don't see a foul here. Play on.
2:50 - Durant called for a foul on James. Another thing no one's talking about. It was a clean strip. Not as bad as the Hill one because there were no free throws, but this is still a bad call that's being ignored.
0:03 - Tristan Thompson gets ejected. This is a weak call, but it didn't affect anything, so not a big deal I guess.

Conclusion

So if we look at the overall picture, the legitimately bad decisions were
- the no-call where Looney fouled James on a strip
- the no-call where James fouled Looney on a layup
- the call where Hill cleanly stripped Durant
- the call where Durant stripped James

Looks pretty even to me. Cavs might have been on the receiving end of more ticky-tack fouls, but people are letting their emotions get to them if they believe the refs ruined the game.
To add to that, even though Hill's strip on Durant was clean, the contact before it wasn't (therefore, the refs made the right call) -

bo7QRG3.png

Basically, it makes everyone who complained about all the officiating that when in the Warriors' favor, even more delusional.

:lolbron:

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
I know this everybody talking crazy like the series is over as if the warriors are not supposed to win game 1 at home. Its cool....they should have lost.

That said final road to the trophy might be a bit bumpier than they expect, they better not get too cocky.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
I know this everybody talking crazy like the series is over as if the warriors are not supposed to win game 1 at home. Its cool....they should have lost.

That said final road to the trophy might be a bit bumpier than they expect, they better not get too cocky.
The Bulls lost game 1 at Utah in similar fashion, and won the next 3 in 1998.

This is possible in this series

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Here comes a blowout. Enjoy, Cavs fans and Bron stans.
Only way this happens is if the Cavs start jacking up 3s early in the shot clock which would lead to long rebounds and easy transition opportunities for the Warriors.

The Cavs know better by now.

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
Only way this happens is if the Cavs start jacking up 3s early in the shot clock which would lead to long rebounds and easy transition opportunities for the Warriors.

The Cavs know better by now.
The Cavs are still just Lebron + :trash:. All time game from Bron game 1 is just false hope. The 5 min of overtime confirmed everything.