When Is The Superhero Bubble Gonna Burst?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
its gotta burst eventually. they're saturating the hell out of it with all these movies & tv shows. people are gonna get fukking sick of it (if they arent already)

how long could the superhero trend really last? another 5 years maybe?

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
ViYMkJD.gif

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
My first question would be what's going to replace it? One of the reasons it's so successful is not just because they tend to appeal to all ages but they literally have like 75 years of source material.

Hollywood is not real creative. They've done away with mid-level budget action joints. It's either superhero films or franchises that are already very successful like Bond, Fast and Furious or Mission: Impossible. Action/adventure and animation have been running the Summer since I was a kid.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
:ld:

The superhero bubble might burst one day, but then they'll move onto adapting non-superhero comic books. To this day, I'm convinced DC will make money hand over fist with '100 Bullets', 'Scalped', 'Y: The Last Man' and 'DMZ' films, but they haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Hell -I'd still love to see them do an animated Black and White version of 'Sentences' - MF Grimm's graphic novel autobiography, but they don't fukk with Vertigo, because a lot of the material is creator owned.

If it does crash - they'll just reboot them down the line. I talk to my 5 year old nephew about superheroes, that means there's a generation is growing up on these movies now. They'll trade on nostalgia next time around.

Last edited:

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
My first question would be what's going to replace it? One of the reasons it's so successful is not just because they tend to appeal to all ages but they literally have like 75 years of source material.

Hollywood is not real creative. They've done away with mid-level budget action joints. It's either superhero films or franchises that are already very successful like Bond, Fast and Furious or Mission: Impossible. Action/adventure and animation have been running the Summer since I was a kid.

for some reason i'm thinking live action anime is gonna be a thing :lupe:

hollywood already got their feet wet with edge of tomorrow, and you know akira & battle angel alita (james cameron directed no less) is coming

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this thread continues to be made, if the bubble is going to burst I would expect it to be in about 5-7 years, but then again you will have a new generation of kids and young people old enought to enjoy the movies so who knows

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
If all the characters were the same and all the movies had the same vibe then I could see this happening soon, but there's enough diversity among the characters and movies to where I don't see this happening for a while. I could maybe see people getting tired of one character or franchise of movies, but there's too much differentiation among the movies for the whole genre to just collapse.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I avoid getting tired of the genre by not watching every single one.....Ive yet to see the thor movies, have yet to see the second spiderman movies and yet to see the last 2 xmen movies, however; I have all them recorded and ready to watch, but I doubt I will ever watch the thor movies

Ricky Church

Stole Timberlake's Spaceship-Coupe
Daps
Reppin
Hudson County N.J. [Jersey City 201]
I agree with the over-saturation of Superhero films/TV Shows, but I doubt it's going away anytime soon.

I find that there are so many different Comic Book film adaptations that I have to re-watch again and again the previous film(s) before I watch the sequel, even though the first movie may have just been released a few years prior.

there's too much to remember and most of them don't leave a lasting impression on me.

laflame

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It would have to take a string of garbage movies in a row for like 2 years for the bubble to burst.

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Never.They are the perfect summer fun movie.They are too red hot at the box office.They will always make money.You can make the same story over and over again.It doesn't matter.