when i comment to my wife "pro athletes are stupid for gettin married"

concise

Veteran
Daps
You're one of the many men on this board who never had a long term relationship, huh?

:scusthov:

I don't know what it means to you but that phrase, to me, is nothing more than corny Disney-style propaganda in the vein of Boy Meets World, The Wonder Years, and other shows. Most people don't grow up like that anywhere.

And most childhood infatuations fizzle because they're based on nothing.

--
What values am I supposed to acquire from a long-term relationship? What of all these other people out here who've learned nothing?:pachaha:

KnowledgeIsQueen

Duality Duel
Daps
Reppin
Brooknam
I don't know what it means to you but that phrase, to me, is nothing more than corny Disney-style propaganda in the vein of Boy Meets World, The Wonder Years, and other shows. Most people don't grow up like that anywhere.

And most childhood infatuations fizzle because they're based on nothing.

--
What values am I supposed to acquire from a long-term relationship? What of all these other people out here who've learned nothing?:pachaha:

:ohhh: I don't adhere to Walt Disney happily every after hogwash either. So, I feel you. My statement meant: It would be preferable for them to marry an individual who knew them before super stardom hence the usage of the word childhood sweet heart (stop taking things literal :hmm:)

--

When you've been in a long term relationship you're more experienced IMO. When I read what the majority of the men on here type it's obvious they jump from person to person and believe they have the ability to give sound advice to others.

It's kind of like a resume. No one wants to hire an individual who goes from job to job to job. They'd prefer a person who exhibit's longevity.

concise

Veteran
Daps
:ohhh: I don't adhere to Walt Disney happily every after hogwash either. So, I feel you. My statement meant: It would be preferable for them to marry an individual who knew them before super stardom hence the usage of the word childhood sweet heart (stop taking things literal :hmm:)

--

When you've been in a long term relationship you're more experienced IMO. When I read what the majority of the men on here type it's obvious they jump from person to person and believe they have the ability to give sound advice to others.

It's kind of like a resume. No one wants to hire an individual who goes from job to job to job. They'd prefer a person who exhibit's longevity.

I saw a buzz phrase, and I responded accordingly. Can't help it.
--

I agree that lots of the advice here is :lolbron: status.
As for the long term relationship thing, I still disagree. Staying in a long term relationship only makes you more experienced to that person.

Here's my job analogy, that I learned from the head of a company that had us attend sessions before our interviews: "Being in one place for a long period of time, in and of itself, is not worth anything."

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
Derek-Jeter-derek-jeter-852763_575_723.jpg

KnowledgeIsQueen

Duality Duel
Daps
Reppin
Brooknam
I saw a buzz phrase, and I responded accordingly. Can't help it.
--

I agree that lots of the advice here is :lolbron: status.
As for the long term relationship thing, I still disagree. Staying in a long term relationship only makes you more experienced to that person.

I disagree.

Granted, every individual you meet will be different. But, as human beings we display similar traits, emotions, grievances, turning points, etc. If you've never been through the unpredictability of a long term relationship along with it's ups and downs, you'll become dead weight to your potential S/O instead of working together as a team.

There is no responsibility involved when you hop from person to person. You've never learned how to share yourself/time. The aforementioned is rooted in selfishness, that many grow accustomed rendering a repetitive cycle of nothingness.

Here's my job analogy, that I learned from the head of a company that had us attend sessions before our interviews: "Being in one place for a long period of time, in and of itself, is not worth anything."

:ehh: Most HR officials would state the opposite, but I'm not here to persuade you ;)

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
It doesnt make sense to me i know hes not an athlete but what the fukk is Hugh Hefner doing trying to marry broads. Dude your like 80 (all these chicks are using you) got a stable of hot chicks just ride out into the sunset.

Uncle Trill

Hendrix 3:16
Daps
Doesnt matter if its a childhood sweetheart or not, your gonna get p*ssy thrown at you, your gonna cheat and whatever woman your with is gonna leave your ass and want half. The childhood sweetheart will probably stick around longer putting up with the bullshyt and therefore be entitled to more money. Your more likely to get a prenup with some any bytch and your also more likely to divorce her quicker.

Moral of the story is if your a pro athlete, have girlfriends and dont get them pregnant. Make them get that shyt in their arm that stops them from getting pregnant. When your career is finished and the hoes dry up then you can settle down, itll be easy too just flash some money at a woman and she will wanna be with you, women are fickle like that.

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
I know if it was me, I would be scared to commit if I was worth Millions and the chick I was dating knew it. It would be bad because I wouldn't be able to trust anyone. Just like KIQ said, unless it was someone that I knew back in the day I don't think I would allow myself to get tied down. Live the dream and have a family later in life.

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
you shoulda said "pro athletes are stupid for not makin their wives sign airtight pre-nups"

and then she couldnt have said shyt

concise

Veteran
Daps
I disagree.

Granted, every individual you meet will be different. But, as human beings we display similar traits, emotions, grievances, turning points, etc. If you've never been through the unpredictability of a long term relationship along with it's ups and downs, you'll become dead weight to your potential S/O instead of working together as a team.

There is no responsibility involved when you hop from person to person. You've never learned how to share yourself/time. The aforementioned is rooted in selfishness, that many grow accustomed rendering a repetitive cycle of nothingness.

:ehh: Most HR officials would state the opposite, but I'm not here to persuade you ;)

What your saying is the 1st long term relationship is always doomed? :ohhh:

--

I know most HR officials would say different, but it makes so much sense.
Should have gotten that job.:noah:

KnowledgeIsQueen

Duality Duel
Daps
Reppin
Brooknam
What your saying is the 1st long term relationship is always doomed? :ohhh:

--

I know most HR officials would say different, but it makes so much sense.
Should have gotten that job.:noah:

Nope, that's wasn't what I was implying (your imagination is worse than mine :laugh:)

There are a select few who're with the 1st individual they've had a long-term relationship with. For everyone (and the aforementioned) it's a learning experience.

Nothing in life is negative unless you choose to see it that way :smile:

Wallie

Pro
Daps
It doesnt make sense to me i know hes not an athlete but what the fukk is Hugh Hefner doing trying to marry broads. Dude your like 80 (all these chicks are using you) got a stable of hot chicks just ride out into the sunset.

Maybe that doesn't make him happy anymore, he's been married twice and they were both pretty long marriages so maybe that's what he wants one last time.