When Does The Fast & Furious Franchise Jump The Shark For You?

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Kinda yeah.. but in general there's so many threads asking "why they still makes these movies!!!" when the answer is obvious. People still want to see them.

And without them Vin Diesel would no longer be irrelevant.

Sometimes I think the Fast movies are for the folks that didn't grow up watching Michael Bay movies.

Last edited:
Daps
79170cb5b649d5cb9aaff79e20f0da98ac-fast-and-furious-1.w710.gif

tumblr_inline_ook74cvoni1t0ijhl_500.gifv
This was the moment where I knew Justin Lin lost it and then F9 happened :snoop:. Glad he didn’t come back for Fast X

Daps
Correct. This was it. I remember watching this in theaters and actually saying aloud "GTFO". Just completely ignoring any semblance of physics whatsoever.

It's a fine line for me when it comes to stunts that seem ridiculous but barely believable (Walker running off the bus falling off a cliff and catching a car spoiler in F7) and just straight up impossible (Roman standing in one place shooting 20 soldiers without reloading or getting hit in F9).
What was ridiculous to me is that white T stayed crisp throughout most of the movie

• Haha
Reactions: IVS

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
F9 was just complete & utter trash. Saw it once in theatres and will never again in life watch that shyt again. Just bad.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I don't think people are getting that they are going for bigger and crazier stunts since Fast Five. It's purposely done. It's not done in a way where the directors are like "take this seriously!"

My two favorite Fast movies are the first The Fast and the Furious because it was just street racing and had a lot of fun dialogue with fun characters..

Fast Five is my second favorite because it was when they first delved into the over-the-top action but it was less tongue in cheek than the last ones.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Another favorite jump the shark moment in a franchise full of them is when an entire parking structure collapses on the rock and he comes out just :manny: it off.
that whole segment was just hilarious fun
rock breaks through his cast
"you know the one thing about street fgihts? the street always wins" stomps the ground and a whole parking lot structure collapses
drives a car on a stone ramp and then scratches the bottom of a helicopter to attach the belt full of grenades
then the rock shoots it from afar with a plain handgun
helicopter explodes
:banderas:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I don't think people are getting that they are going for bigger and crazier stunts since Fast Five. It's purposely done. It's not done in a way where the directors are like "take this seriously!"

My two favorite Fast movies are the first The Fast and the Furious because it was just street racing and had a lot of fun dialogue with fun characters..

Fast Five is my second favorite because it was when they first delved into the over-the-top action but it was less tongue in cheek than the last ones.
Breh we get this series 1000%