When did the myth that andre 3000 is better than big boi start

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I've always said Big Boi was better. Andre has a higher peak but Big Boi is more consistent and constantly puts out music that's high quality. Andre drops a verse once every 3 years. He should be writing some Rakim in his prime level bars with that much time in between songs.

Daps
Damn I had this same exact thought earlier today when I randomly heard So Fresh, So Clean.

I think its defiantly the delivery. He can def spit and has charisma but he has a very "choppy" flow. Kinda hard to follow.

Yea that has to be it, I guess Andre is easier on the ears but big boi is definitely saying more and more slick with it

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
When 3000 stopped wearing baseball jerseys and started wearing pink wigs and sheep skin. He separated himself from everyone else in the game by just being different...

2014GETTY135424782_10130114.jpg

Last edited:

ChiTownGuevera

All Star
Daps
:jbhmm:

Cause that's definitely not the case, big boi has a better verse lyrically than 3 stacks like on every damn song. Is it the delivery that confuses people?
This whole thread is blasphemous :dead:

For me the question is when did dude even become an excellent rapper...Out of the blue dude was a staple in everybody's top 10...:krs:

Now we questioning Andre's greatness? :dame:

3 Stacks is your favorite rappers favorite rapper, let that sink in :dame:

Face arguably top 10 all time and a legend bowing down in the presence of Mr 3000, let that sink in :dame:

Jay constantly getting washed by him on every track they were on 2gether, let that sink in & not to mention bodied both Rakim & Jay on the same track :dame:

His features are more memorable than the next rapper whole catalogs :dame:

I'm sorry but no one is as skilled(cept for prime Nas) & more entertaining than Andre 3k on the mic. Believe that!

Anytime he drops a hot 16, he got the whole rap fans in a frenzy :wow:

His greatness knows no bound :blessed:

Forever? Foreva evaa, foreva evaaaaa :mjcry: