When did Snoop become white people's favorite rapper?

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Not when he started but before the end of the 90s I think he was probably there and mid 2000s he got the old people too. Don’t know how he went from menacing gangsta rapper on trial for murder in the mid 90s to what he is now tho.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
he just has the personality for those kinda of shows, doesn't take himself too seriously since like '99

his charisma is transcendent. Like bro said, he doesn't take his self shyt too serious

snoop sold out that is why he not on any list

Snoop never sold out...he grew up....and had a massive fan base that grew up right along with him....he been popping since 91-92 ..superstar status at that....he's had the ultimate pass since he survived Deathrow....no snoop slander will be tolerated

Snoop just endorsed a pro-cop White Republican billionaire for L.A. mayor who is running on a "Tough on Crime" campaign against a Black opponent. :mjlol:

Snoop-Dogg-Rick-Caruso.jpg

Luxury real estate billionaire switched his registration to Democrat a week before entering the race, got the Snoop Dogg endorsement, and it leading in the polls over the liberal Black candidate.

vf-522-karen-bass-mayor.png

I'm sorry y'all but he fukking sold out. :francis:

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Especially old white people?

I remember he used to be the only rapper who's name they seemed to know with them saying the full "Snoop Doggy Dogg" and they were saying "shizzle my nizzle" for what seemed like 20 years. And nowadays he's cooking with Martha Stewart and appearing on daytime talk shows for housewives and they love him.

When did this happen? How did it happen? It's really weird to me because he was a legitimate gangsta rapper and now he's a bake wear salesman or some shyt.
They been on snoop since day one

I told y’all snoop is the rap version of Michael Jackson

No artist living or dead big as snoop

Putin knows snoop

Snoop the only nikka on earth that can goto that Senegalese island n not get a spear thrown at em lol

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You do realize Snoop was breaking Elvis records in 1993. He sold like 800K+ the first week out of his debut album. He clearly had crossed over at that point. Snoop lived on MTV. He had Rollingstone covers. Think about it. Snoop was on trial for murder and was still getting all kinds of mainstream looks. Snoop backstage at the Billboard Music Awards taking questions in 1994:

mykey

Superstar
Daps
Snoop is a charming, happily married, successful guy. Why won't he have mass appeal??

2tCROta.jpeg

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
From (21) jump street. Breh was being asked in 1994 how he felt about white broads considering him a sex symbol and shït lol.

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
You do realize Snoop was breaking Elvis records in 1993. He sold like 800K+ the first week out of his debut album. He clearly had crossed over at that point. Snoop lived on MTV. He had Rollingstone covers. Think about it. Snoop was on trial for murder and was still getting all kinds of mainstream looks. Snoop backstage at the Billboard Music Awards taking questions in 1994:

But those were younger white kids who wanted to be cool.

I think we’re talking about Snoop being WHITE WHITE famous for like at least the last ten years if not 15. Like a commercial with Martha Stewart with a low key weed reference white famous