When did Snoop become white people's favorite rapper?

basedlawd

Banned
Daps
Especially old white people?

I remember he used to be the only rapper who's name they seemed to know with them saying the full "Snoop Doggy Dogg" and they were saying "shizzle my nizzle" for what seemed like 20 years. And nowadays he's cooking with Martha Stewart and appearing on daytime talk shows for housewives and they love him.

When did this happen? How did it happen? It's really weird to me because he was a legitimate gangsta rapper and now he's a bake wear salesman or some shyt.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
He’s just become omnipresent in pop culture, but I wouldn’t say he’s (old) white people’s fav “rapper”. They just like him as a personality and know “shizzle my nizzle” as a thing.

99% of the old white women who rock with him would probably recoil in disgust if they actually heard Snoop Dogg music/lyrics.

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
snoop sold out that is why he not on any list
Snoop never sold out...he grew up....and had a massive fan base that grew up right along with him....he been popping since 91-92 ..superstar status at that....he's had the ultimate pass since he survived Deathrow....no snoop slander will be tolerated

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
snoop enjoys life and has fun he's got a positive vibe mostly and is comfortable in any environment

he can smoke with kathy bates then cook with Martha

His personality is popular not necessarily his music. But he still has time to serve the president ether and talk to c00ns like Kanye.

People love a person that can be unabashedly themselves. most other rappers are in character rather than themselves so they don't get that REAL love.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Snoop never sold out...he grew up....and had a massive fan base that grew up right along with him....he been popping since 91-92 ..superstar status at that....he's had the ultimate pass since he survived Deathrow....no snoop slander will be tolerated

At one point snoop was doing any and everything.
And basically became a caricature of hip hop stereotypes.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Especially old white people?

I remember he used to be the only rapper who's name they seemed to know with them saying the full "Snoop Doggy Dogg" and they were saying "shizzle my nizzle" for what seemed like 20 years. And nowadays he's cooking with Martha Stewart and appearing on daytime talk shows for housewives and they love him.

When did this happen? How did it happen? It's really weird to me because he was a legitimate gangsta rapper and now he's a bake wear salesman or some shyt.
snoop a pop culture icon, I'd doubt most know his rap songs tbh, they know everything else about him besides the music, his last album went double wood