When did Lexus (and to a lesser extent, Acura) fall out of favor with Hip Hop?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Remember when Jay dropped his "you got a 4.0, you better get your change" line? This niqqa actually made dudes feel bad about having a $55K car :huhldup:

That nikka run like yellow bellied bluto when real emcees are around with similar or better self made proteges tho.

I ain't give Memphis bleek my number.

Art Barr

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
Inflation and getting money :yeshrug:

Everything Biggie rapped about in Juicy is reasonable for me to obtain as as adult. nikkas was just happy with a car and shyt.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Y'all respect sellout and culture thieves one a level.

You nikkaz lost all ursould snd never gonna recover. Plus you soundtrack to you lives are gonna be shyt as entertainment too.

The shyt hilarious.
Somebody up a great rap record by these culture thief loan dodger.

Ol I forgot. It is imaginary.
As the rap y'all listen to.y'all imagine it is good. Back by day dreams of some other nikka in his car. He got from being a culture theif.
Enjoy your wackness....

Till y'all stop enabling wack nikkaz. You gon be plagued by nikkaz who flaug.

Y'all imagination not that great.

To continue imaging.
the level of quality of performers from the after effects of what y'all enabled as good.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
That nikka run like yellow bellied bluto when real emcees are around with similar or better self made proteges tho.

I ain't give Memphis bleek my number.

Art Barr

I was self managed and self made in luxury before 1999.

The crew had hse's.
before Jay even knew wtf that was himself.

Plus my best friend created the finance framework for range too.

That means since the old body HSE was pHased out.

So all that bullshyt means nuffin to the real.
All the shyt nikkaz like.

Me or my nikkaz made pop frfr.

nikka super shook from advancing.
when better higher quality talent is there and also got embarrassed on the mic.
That ramped jay to number one too.
I wanna love you was a flop. Before the juice remix gave it the boost on the bds to go number higher in spins and rotation.

You nikkaz just like the lie.

Not the real.
I never wanted a record deal or a loan.
Yet you are threat.
when you pay for your own shyt and they can not try to ping your finances or pay for air fare etc.

Ho ass nikkaz used to be scared and shook of the chi.
Would be even worse. If they read your bio frim cali origins.

Deflecting about gangs and image.
Just because nikkaz had all the lanes sewn up and red pen amended their deals live in their face.

Change it. We can open lines to talk...

They was not dealing with their failure need a loan dodger face ass.
Plus not adept in the real corporate world.
From new media to tech.
I Made new media into telecommunications..
They were shook.
Scared of the internet too.

If not for us. nikkaz would never make headlines festivals or arenas as well.

Stop believe'n these big Willie the wack the unoriginal. Cot the record public believe'n dey some criminals...

Art Barr

Amputate ya ankles if we go toe to toe....

Stop believe'n the fabricated rhymes and lies of these scary sheltered I hustle rappers.

They shook ass fukk on the mic.
Freestyle or written
Plus was failures. Till somebody gave they ass a deal.
Plus they only got a deal.
from people brought to the dance by us.
Then fukked it up taking the deals we passed down.
Sohh now it is all fukked up.
Their publicist is their best asset.
That scripted their imaginary life.
as wack emcees on the mic for labels and the public.

Y'all too sheltered, and culture lacking.
As well as stoopid to know the difference.
Then wanna hop on products and talk. Like you did some shyt.

shyt hilarious.
Sohh now everything is wack beyond repair.

Thank you selves for being wack as fukk.
Plus impressionable.
You think you need a car.
To get females. or it will amplify you too.
I earned a luxury car being number one in sales. So you got this internet shyt.

Not to enable weak bullshyt from nikkaz flaug'n.
Then telling you fairy tales.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Peabo Bryson

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah a lot of y'all are way wrong on the reasoning as to why they lost their luster. It wasn't cause rappers started making more money and went on to Rolls Royce and Bentley. Ice-T was rapping about Rolls Royces in the 80s and Lambos, Ferraris etc always been in raps.

The real reason that a lot of you don't realize (if you a old head you forgot this point and if you a youngin you just weren't there) is that Acura, Lexus and Infiniti were NEW luxury brands in the 90s. Lexus and Infiniti's first model year was 1989 and Acura maybe came out 87ish. So when the 90s started, these were the fresh new luxury whips and another way to stunt differently vs. the same ole Beemer, Benz, Audi or Saab.

As the years went on, the "newness" died down, they produced more affordable models, more cars overall were made, thus they lost their exclusivity and were no longer the brand new thing.

But more importantly, when Lexus, Acura and Infiniti first came out, there wasn't a way to obtain them on a budget because there wasn't a surplus of used ones. You pretty much had to buy a new one or still pay a premium for a pre-owned one that was a few years old. They just weren't that plentiful in the market. So that is why they were baller status... you didn't see that many on the road in the early years and it made you feel exclusive to whip one.

Nowadays since they been around so long, you see broke asses in old beat up run down models cause they are a dime a dozen and can be maintained with easily obtainable parts.

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree when rappers started making money money they started talking about other cars. I think Escalades took the crown from Lexus.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Nah a lot of y'all are way wrong on the reasoning as to why they lost their luster. It wasn't cause rappers started making more money and went on to Rolls Royce and Bentley. Ice-T was rapping about Rolls Royces in the 80s and Lambos, Ferraris etc always been in raps.

The real reason that a lot of you don't realize (if you a old head you forgot this point and if you a youngin you just weren't there) is that Acura, Lexus and Infiniti were NEW luxury brands in the 90s. Lexus and Infiniti's first model year was 1989 and Acura maybe came out 87ish. So when the 90s started, these were the fresh new luxury whips and another way to stunt differently vs. the same ole Beemer, Benz, Audi or Saab.

As the years went on, the "newness" died down, they produced more affordable models, more cars overall were made, thus they lost their exclusivity and were no longer the brand new thing.

But more importantly, when Lexus, Acura and Infiniti first came out, there wasn't a way to obtain them on a budget because there wasn't a surplus of used ones. You pretty much had to buy a new one or still pay a premium for a pre-owned one that was a few years old. They just weren't that plentiful in the market. So that is why they were baller status... you didn't see that many on the road in the early years and it made you feel exclusive to whip one.

Nowadays since they been around so long, you see broke asses in old beat up run down models cause they are a dime a dozen and can be maintained with easily obtainable parts.
This is the answer right here