When did Gamespot turn into such HARSH reviewers?

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How does a "Bland, boring, unimaginative" game get a 6(AT WORST:skip:) which means above average

Yeah, I'm not sure how anything about this game says it deserves a passing grade, at least as it released. In theory, they could patch the hell out of the game and address some of the issues, but that's what updated reviews are for. As it is at this moment, it's just not a good game.

Andi I say this as someone who will totally buy if for the right price later on. :mjlol:

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
How does a "Bland, boring, unimaginative" game get a 6(AT WORST:skip:) which means above average
if a game doesn't do anything to push the envelope but is a competently made game then it's a 6/10. at worst that's what Gotham Knights is to me

-Graphically it's far above average while incorporating all the fancy new tech like ray-tracing (and shyts on critical darlings like Elden Ring)

-Combat looks serviceable at worst. I simply don't buy into the fact this game has "bad combat"; it's far more likely to me that some of these reviewers are just trying to button-mash their way through and are trash at the game

does this look like "terrible combat" to you?

I mean it's not DMC5 or anything, but I'd say it's competently made

-Story looks okay. again, like with the graphics, there's some effort here put into the cutscenes. it's not like they put in a bunch of motion comic stills, threw some voice acting over it and called it a day.

-The gameplay loop being too grindy? okay that's a a legitimate criticism, I guess

either way I fail to see how this is a 4/10 below average game when it's far more ambitious than your average videogame. I've noticed reviewers tend to be extra harsh on big-budget AAA games, while some trash looking low-budget JRPG gets a pass for garbo story and bland, uninspired gameplay :mjpls:

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
-Combat looks serviceable at worst. I simply don't buy into the fact this game has "bad combat"; it's far more likely to me that some of these reviewers are just trying to button-mash their way through and are trash at the game

It looks serviceable at best, and if I had to play it and experience the controls and fluidity, I might rate it lower.

Imo, Arkham is the bar for mediocre combat in 2022. This is down there with Assassins Creed and Witcher.

A game can't even be a 5 to me if it's bland and boring. It just fails as a game :yeshrug:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I know a below 5 game when I see one and Gotham Knights ain’t it

Bland, boring, unimaginative? Okay 6/10 at worst but it’s not a 4

That’s a clout chase type of review designed to get more clicks (bombing a game worse than it deserves)
Snarky and harsh gets all the clicks and computer's putin

That's all these sites want...shyt to generate traffic

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if a game doesn't do anything to push the envelope but is a competently made game then it's a 6/10. at worst that's what Gotham Knights is to me

-Graphically it's far above average while incorporating all the fancy new tech like ray-tracing (and shyts on critical darlings like Elden Ring)

-Story looks okay. again, like with the graphics, there's some effort here put into the cutscenes. it's not like they put in a bunch of motion comic stills, threw some voice acting over it and called it a day.

-The gameplay loop being too grindy? okay that's a a legitimate criticism, I guess

either way I fail to see how this is a 4/10 below average game when it's far more ambitious than your average videogame. I've noticed reviewers tend to be extra harsh on big-budget AAA games, while some trash looking low-budget JRPG gets a pass for garbo story and bland, uninspired gameplay :mjpls:

I'll agree to disagree with you on the combat video. That doesn't look good to me. It looks pretty stiff, and almost has the same fluidity as fight choreography where everyone is going over steps in their head. It just LOOKS like something where you're going to fukk up several combos by pressing a button more than once because the character responded like there was a missed input or input lag.

But combining that with the bad gameplay loop (for example, stuff like your character's unique traversal method, and a lot of standard character specific combat moves are locked behind grinding apparently) makes it easy for me to see why someone might not like it.

Ultimately to me, a game's rating doesn't ultimately come down to saying "Is this game competently made", it's a quick way to suggest if a game is worth your money to buy, and time to play. And from what I'm hearing and seeing, competently made or not, it's not in that area right now.

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
Gotham knights gameplay loop/combat looks trash plus trash characters no one really wants to play them losers that attached themselves to Bruce Wayne maybe redhood but you get my point.

If I was a gamepass breh that type of game you want to try out and not waste $70 bucks on

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know a below 5 game when I see one and Gotham Knights ain’t it

Bland, boring, unimaginative? Okay 6/10 at worst but it’s not a 4

That’s a clout chase type of review designed to get more clicks (bombing a game worse than it deserves)
Exactly just look at the score Madden got