When a woman walks faster or locks their car door when you pass them, is it because you're male or because you're Black?

When women get nervous around you, is it because of your race, your sex or both?

• Total voters

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I can't wait for the VA to approve a bearoplasty procedure so I can become a bear for free and get all the bishes. :banderas:

Who in their right mind wants to be a big, scary black man walking around the city having to cross the street when you could be cute, cuddly, 1,500 pound Kodiak breahr that women would love to snuggle with?
Crying Bear Breh
:dead:

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
It’s happened to me

Thoughts:

So you really think i came to this store and bought a ton of shyt just to follow you in the store or in the parking lot …???

We are just going in the same direction … I hate when these women start flattering themselves sometimes

As a man this is threatening to me … that I can be non verbally profiled on a whim
Maaaan I've had it after just stepping outside my house and recently at the Airport, like bytch everyone is going the same way, I aint stalking you. The most painful is when its black woman.

Zime

Superstar
Daps
There have been instances where women have gotten up from their seats and sat elsewhere, not because I sat next to them but because I sat behind them.

This is true for walking behind them as well.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
It’s happened to me

Thoughts:

So you really think i came to this store and bought a ton of shyt just to follow you in the store or in the parking lot …???

We are just going in the same direction … I hate when these women start flattering themselves sometimes

As a man this is threatening to me … that I can be non verbally profiled on a whim
I been saying that the most disrespectful shyt women do on a daily basis is assume that they are your type:mjlol:

Bytch I would never :picard: Wish I could have a sign on my head that says “Not Attracted to You”

Last edited:

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I be in my own mental space, so I don't even know. Although, nobody really goes to their cars in Manhattan.

But if I'm sitting on the train with free seats next to me, its one of the last spots someone will choose to sit. Since I'm an introvert, I enjoy the space, but I could see how it could affect someone's self esteem

Kuma the Bear

The Ultimate King of Iron Fist
Daps
Reppin
Mishima Industries
It's both aspects (Black and man) but more so being Black.
Unfortunately we're already seen as "threatening" and the media depictions don't help so a lot of non-Black people would have already made up their mind about us.
I say this because even suited and booted up brehs tend to get the same treatment, I certainly have.

I sometimes wonder how the women act when they see a cac or an Asian man walking up towards them. Do they feel at ease? Do they let their guard down a bit?
I also wonder whether colorism plays a hand in it (which links back to the above paragraph) since the darker you are, the more "threatening" you're perceived as.

All you can do is not internalise it, we just have to play the cards we are dealt even though it's not deserved.
When you see a female coming the other way at night, cross the street and give her room so that both parties can feel at ease :yeshrug: .