WhatsApp gives users an ultimatum: Share data with Facebook or stop using the app

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I got off most social media a couple years ago. It's been the Coli or nothing for me since I joined.
Dang you must live pretty boring social media wise if this the only social media you use. I don't use much either but this isn't the only place. Too much of an echo chamber on certain things for it to be for me.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Dang you must live pretty boring social media wise if this the only social media you use. I don't use much either but this isn't the only place. Too much of an echo chamber on certain things for it to be for me.

I frequent places that cater to my interests. I stay on boxing pages, certain video games, Dallas Cowboys shyt, etc., but as far as using social media to broadcast my life, HELL NO :hhh:.

Social media is poison for the most part, and has created a generation of delusional psuedo intellectuals who have a highly inflated sense of self worth and ego. I can't wait for the shyt to come crashing down honestly.

I don't take the Coli that serious for the most part, I'll still pass out fades to anybody who want it though in the ring, an octagon, or the street. Aint nothing I hate more than an internet tough guy, lowest form of life IMO.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I frequent places that cater to my interests. I stay on boxing pages, certain video games, Dallas Cowboys shyt, etc., but as far as using social media to broadcast my life, HELL NO :hhh:.

Social media is poison for the most part, and has created a generation of delusional psuedo intellectuals who have a highly inflated sense of self worth and ego. I can't wait for the shyt to come crashing down honestly.

I don't take the Coli that serious for the most part, I'll still pass out fades to anybody who want it though in the ring, an octagon, or the street. Aint nothing I hate more than an internet tough guy, lowest form of life IMO.
Well I guess now that you clarified I do the same thing. I thought you only went on here. I don't need to broadcast my life either but goto sites that have interest I'm into more heavy. I don't take this olace seriously either because it isn't real life and the same shyt you'd get offline with the same convos.

I'm off the fade offering online to be honest. Its pointless and another thing that isn't indicative of real life IMO. People shooting and in most cases the things online said wouldn't be said in the same civil convo offline so I mainly take it as shyt talking online now. I have nothing to prove on that front either. If it comes to it so be it but for the stuff people bring it up for online its wack. I've seen people leave earth over less it isn't worth it and I'm trying to get better on that front.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
The Facebook-owned messenger with 2 billion users revamps its privacy policy.

by Dan Goodin - Jan 6, 2021 3:29pm EST

whatsapp-800x534.jpg

Link:

WhatsApp gives users an ultimatum: Share data with Facebook or stop using the app
Unless you're in the EU or UK.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps

This! I entertain myself with my normal interests. YouTube videos of channels i find interesting (i access YouTube via freetube BTW), read articles, thecoli, boxing, etc..

The crazy thing to me is when i tell people they can only contact me via SMS or phone call they hit me with the :dwillhuh:, like im going crazy, hiding from someone or something bad happened.

:francis:

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
I'll say this tho. Being off social media has made me realise who really fukks with me and those who fukked with me only because I was "there" infront of them and accessible via social media.

Very few people took note that I disappeared and bothered to hit me up and see whats good....even the "friends" and women who had known me for years.

But this realization was for the best tho, i didnt trip over it. life is so much more peaceful now :blessed:.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Telegram and Signal see millions of new downloads after recent WhatsApp privacy changes

Jan 13, 2021
After the recent WhatsApp privacy changes went live, the userbase numbers of its alternatives Signal and Telegram have surged almost immediately. In just a short span, both messaging platforms have seen millions of new users download their respective applications.

signal.png

Talking about Signal first, the messaging app has seen a large influx of new users, with the company seeing new downloads nearing a million every day. For those unaware, Facebook recently updates its privacy policy for WhatsApp and other platforms, which has led it to receive a lot of criticism over its users’ data security and privacy. Since then, many have switched over to alternatives like Signal, which saw over 810,000 downloads just last Sunday alone. This marked a near 18 fold growth in just a week, as per an ETNews report.

For those unaware, WhatsApp’s latest privacy policy has the company reserve the right to share user data, including location, phone number, with its parent company Facebook and its other social media platforms like Instagram and Messenger. Similar to Signal, Telegram has also seen a massive influx of new users, with the platform seeing 25 million new downloads in just the past 72 hours. Out of this figure, 38 percent of all new users are from Asia.

WhatsApp-Featured.jpg

Other regions like Europe account for 27 percent, while Latin America and MENA regions account for 21 percent and 8 percent respectively. With the world becoming more privacy conscious, the move from WhatsApp has basically led to a mass exodus from the app to other platforms, which offer better privacy standards and user data protection. It remains to be seen how WhatsApp responds to its current predicament.
Link:

Telegram and Signal see millions of new downloads after recent WhatsApp privacy changes - Gizmochina