What's Your Personality Type?

Duke Wy Lin

It's been a good run. Wish y'all the best ✊🏿
Daps
Message board probably overindex on INTJs.

That said, I am a standard INTJ that enjoys working on projects at home.

Myers-Briggs is trash and not based on science by the way.

Dealing with human personality is not an exact science. Personality is intangible and impossible to measure. It is also highly dynamic. Even the more "scientific" Big Five personality test is "trash" from that perspective since it tries to quantify human traits. Not to mention there are obvious problems with the way that the questions are designed.

That does not mean that these systems are not useful for developing insights into your own psychology though.

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
I guess paranoid and cheap b*stard is my personality type because I ain't paying for this shyt.....and I'm not giving it my email neither :russ:

I'm a PACB :pachaha:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot

INTJ​

Introvert(22%) iNtuitive(9%) Thinking(3%) Judging(9%)
  • You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (22%)
  • You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (9%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (3%)
  • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (9%)

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Screenshot-20210623-123453-Chrome.jpg

KeysT

Playa from the Himalayas #ByrdGang
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I hear that. Not even saying INTP's are smarter, but we think and operate different, borderline eccentric. shyt can be off-putting to a lot of people.
We are more logical which means smarter in a lot of circumstances unless it has to do with emotional smarts. That’s something a lot of INTPs need to work on.

ObsidianDev

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OH
I hear that. Not even saying INTP's are smarter, but we think and operate different, borderline eccentric. shyt can be off-putting to a lot of people.
shyt's annoying. It's basically like having the stereotypical intelligence and analytical skills of an INTJ, but with less confidence, more social awkwardness and worse people skills :snoop:

Give me something that I'm somewhat knowledgeable enough of to debate or discuss online, and not only will I be able to provide concise answers for my point of view, but I could even argue my own opponent's stance because while I'm fleshing out my ideas my mind will simultaneously develop counter-arguments in the background.

Meanwhile, relating to others in the real world is virtually impossible, especially to those my age. I prefer to be low-key and don't feel the need to have eyes on me at all times, nor do I feel to have others know my personal business via social media.

I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs. Add on my aversion to "peacocking" and somewhat formal way of speaking, and you have what many would call a "lame", which is basically a handicap for your social and romantic life if you're a young Black male going into the year 2023.

Sometimes I wish I could just be "normal". Not even "cool", just normal. :francis:

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
shyt's annoying. It's basically like having the stereotypical intelligence and analytical skills of an INTJ, but with less confidence, more social awkwardness and worse people skills :snoop:

Give me something that I'm somewhat knowledgeable enough of to debate or discuss online, and not only will I be able to provide concise answers for my point of view, but I could even argue my own opponent's stance because while I'm fleshing out my ideas my mind will simultaneously develop counter-arguments in the background.

Meanwhile, relating to others in the real world is virtually impossible, especially to those my age. I prefer to be low-key and don't feel the need to have eyes on me at all times, nor do I feel to have others know my personal business via social media.

I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs. Add on my aversion to "peacocking" and somewhat formal way of speaking, and you have many would call a "lame", which is basically a handicap for your social and romantic life if you're a young Black male going into the year 2023.

Sometimes I wish I could just be "normal". Not even "cool", just normal. :francis:
Bruh, I hear you. I've dealt with all those challenges and believe it or not I'm in the corporate world; something not typical or comfortable for INTPs.

All types can learn to live their most fulfilled versions of themselves however. Ironically, the way I am learning to evolve is by embracing my weaker traits.

I never been overly introverted, when I know what I am talking about or know the company I am in well, I'm one of the biggest talkers. I've also learned to get better in tune with my emotions by just picking a side. INTP's are forever searching for more information or accurate information, so definitively picking a side seems antithetical, but it helps you speak more articulately and confidently; even if you're wrong. The thing I've come to realize, I'm objective enough in taking in information that I'm right a lot. And I'm wrong a lot...but I'm right more often than I give myself credit for.

Last edited:

Duke Wy Lin

Daps
Bruh, I hear you. I've dealt with all those challenges and believe it or not I'm in the corporate world; something not typical or comfortable for INTPs.

All types can learn to live their most fulfilled versions of themselves however. Ironically, the way I am learning to evolve is by embracing my weaker traits.

I never been overly introverted, when I know what I am talking about or know the company I am in well, I'm one of the biggest talkers. I've also learned to get better in tune with my emotions by just picking a side. INTP's are forever searching for more information or accurate information, so definitively picking a side seems antithetical, but it helps you speak more articulately and confidently; even if you're wrong. The thing I've come to realize, I'm objective enough in taking in information that I'm right a lot. And I'm wrong a lot...but I'm right more often than I give myself credit for.

That's due to our auxiliary function, extroverted intuition (Ne), which constantly seeks new information/experiences/perspectives. You have to stimulate it as an INTP otherwise you get caught up in the Ti-Si loop which leads to depression and stagnation. What characterizes unhealthy INTPs is their close-mindedness, arrogance, obsessiveness over a few things and ineptitude in all other dimensions of life.

Your thinking and sensing have to reign in your Ne though as otherwise you'll be scatter brained with poor focus and very unaccomplished in life.

We typically suck at interpersonal relationships because of our weaker Fe function (extroverted feeling), which means we are not good at reading other ppl emotionally or "reading the room".

Duke Wy Lin

Daps
Anybody here know their enneagram type? I'm curious to know how your MBTI type corresponds to your enneatype.

I'm enneatype 5, INTP. Which I think is pretty normal. Most INTPs seem to be 9s or 5s.

ObsidianDev

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OH
INTP's are forever searching for more information or accurate information
This exactly relates to the gift/curse dichotomy that I mentioned. :wow:

Able to see all sides, yet not being able to pick a side.

The ability to analyze, but not take action.

When I was a teen, I used to silently mock those who acted without a second thought and "lived in the moment", with little social awareness or concern about how others perceived then.

Now, ten years later, I low-key envy them. I can only imagine the freedom (despite the possible consequences) that highly-social people (extroverts, narcissists, psychopaths, etc) must feel by not having their minds act like a damn hall monitor all the time :mjlol: