What's your paycheck looking like every 2 weeks after taxes?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only on here can someone get ridiculed for making 80K

Yea Chem and Bio-medical engineers get paid well but not no 10K -30K a month, especially for mechanicals and structurals. That project manager type cash, and you aint getting with a few years of experience when you working with engineers who have been at companies since before you were born. I dont know what dream world you live in but you'll see once you get into real world and stop livin off mommy and daddy. The numbers these colleges are showing you for salaries are not always in touch.

I think I'm doing well, livin comfortably with a no stress job (best believe that if you getting 10K -30K a month that shyt will be stressful as shyt and you will burn out, you'll be working 6 to 9 and not 9am, PM.....be on call all hours even vacations....10K -30K isnt a 40hr or 50 hr work week, which I do, you lookin at closer to 80hr) I'll take 80K for 40hr work weeks over XXXK @ 80 hrs a week. Money aint everythin. :manny:

got a 07 CTS-V that I paid 25K cash for :ehh: so I must be doin ok

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Nah breh, I know straight out of college engineering graduates generally make like 45-60k ish, which is great.

The cats making 10k a month had projects in places like Dubai......

edit: I feel you on that working 80hrs a week......

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
800 a pay period, after taxes and health insurance. bonus structure at my job pays 1200 after taxes and goes up from there. On a good month, I cover everything comfortably and start building on my savings. On an average month,everything is covered and I'm able to keep the blunts in rotation. I can cop a couple of new outfits. A bad month? Ramen noodles and Netflix.

Vitals:
No college education
$400 rent a month (I rent a room)
Headed to community for comp sci

shyt's real out here. I had a nice gig at Verizon about three years ago. Insurance kicked in after a year, guaranteed raises every 6 months for your first three years, and starting pay was what I make now. :ahh:

Lost that job right around the time the recession got real. Ended up latching on with a call center working collections. shyt's terrible.
u in atl?

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
about $1850 salary base (usually more since I can catch OT ) every 2 weeks

max out 401K (17K with 5% company match), health ins and HSA

mechanical engineer

CT

single, no kids

no debt

no car note on new ride (straight cash homey)

:manny:
pm a pic of ur cts v bruh

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Next year I should finally push myself over the 50k hump by working a lot of OT. Since I'm going baggage only I won't be certified to work with the spoiled public anymore. When I do work OT on the checkpoint I'll only be checking tickets or at the exit, but sit down jobs paying me $30 an hour :win:

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
50k is a lot of money to most people. The average household/family in the US brings home about 50k per year, so for one person that is a pretty good salary.

i feel what both of you guys are saying. im at 20k now, but once i graduate and gain my CPA, I BETTER be making 50-75k...at least. i want to end up making 6 figures, i plan on retiring at 60 yrs old.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
crazy that nikkas is in here thinking 50K a year is a lot of money. cmon now. strive to achieve...

my older bro works for Eloqua making 48K a year without a University Degree :aicmon:
has good customer sservice experience tho

shyt i know interns at Ford Motor Company of Canada making about 45K a year. And we just finished our Junior year of University. I envy them fakkits :snoop:

:mindblown:

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
[Q

Damn I guess I am spoiled. I don't pay any bills. And my mom and dad(separated) they both make well over that mark. And my breh makes :mindblown:

I got some big expectations to fill :sadbron: j/k

That's what I said.Word up, is a numerous engineers make 10-30k a month. You need to get up on some of those projects breh.

Aren't you studying engineering too Alpo?
:takedat: yeah, why the hell you make that much? :damn: