What's your leg routine looking like?

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
:huhldup: I'm guessing that's a general list where you just pick and chose what exercise to do on leg day.

This morning I went hard on the squats and hamstring curls. About 6 sets each. Also did some seated and 45 degree calf raises. Was gonna do some lunges, but I was limited on time.

For yall that do do lunges, how heavy do yall usually go for if you squat on the same day? Also, do you prefer the barbell or the dumbbells when you do them?

Went 365 on squats yesterday...did DB lunges b/c my partner prefers to do them in lines instead of stationary ones. Usually around 60 with dumbbells. I do long strides to target my hams and glutes though.

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
squats
lunges
calf raises on leg press
leg press

This past monday though :wow: :whew:

Squats

Two sets of this circuit:
Box jumps w two 20lb dumbbells
Squat jumps w/ two 20lb dumbbells
Leg extensions

I was :dead:

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
135*8
225*5
275*3
315*8*3
365*2*1
405*1
Fronts
185*6*2
ATG
225*5*2
Then unilateral freestyle on machines. :yeshrug:
I lurk this section all the time and you're always puttin up some :whoo: #'s on Squats. Got a few ?'s breh

How long did it take you to hit 315? 405?

How many times a week do you squat? Are there any other leg exercises you do that help translate into a better squat?

I've been lifting for about 3 1/2 years, and I'm only at 275 x 5. :sadbron:

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
I lurk this section all the time and you're always puttin up some :whoo: #'s on Squats. Got a few ?'s breh

How long did it take you to hit 315? 405?

How many times a week do you squat? Are there any other leg exercises you do that help translate into a better squat?

I've been lifting for about 3 1/2 years, and I'm only at 275 x 5. :sadbron:

405 came after a couple of week of having a spotter I trusted and getting over a mental block of just going at 315 sparingly. I got 315 after a few months of actually doing squats religiously.

I go 2 times a week....used to go up to 3 times a week. Best way to get better...SQUAT. Box squats is also what I recommend for the power coming out the squat itself. Try the 5x5 routine and your numbers should rise if you're eating enough to make gains.

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
:huhldup: I'm guessing that's a general list where you just pick and chose what exercise to do on leg day.

This morning I went hard on the squats and hamstring curls. About 6 sets each. Also did some seated and 45 degree calf raises. Was gonna do some lunges, but I was limited on time.

For yall that do do lunges, how heavy do yall usually go for if you squat on the same day? Also, do you prefer the barbell or the dumbbells when you do them?
Nah, I do this all on one day. Rest is like 25-30 seconds on most things except squats

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
g1364699910444839221.jpg

DredScott

Take these jewelz...
Daps
i always warm up with light weight squats then progressively move up pyramid style for my first set.

being doing the following lately with a couple of my close friends. all super sets except for the first set of squats.

squats
step-ups with dumbbells x straight bar lunges (sometimes at a incline and decline)
pistol squats x plyo leg press
heavy leg press x reverse hamstring curls
end with 3 sets of 50 yard heavy sled pushes (one end and back counts as one set)

i have gotten significantly stronger doing similar routines like this the past couple months, subbing similar exercises randomly. if we are up to it, we usually add in 3 sets of stairs with each super set. shyt is intense when we do that and i usually lose 5-6 pounds of water weight alone on those days.

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
Warm Up extensive Leg foam rolling + Several variations of body weight Squats
Squat - 5/3/1 (5 reps, 3 reps & 1+ AMRAP on topset)
Squat - 5 sets x 10reps @ 60% of my 1RM
Front Squats - 3 sets X 8 reps
Leg Press - 5 sets X 10 reps
Good Mornings - 5 sets X 10 reps
Stiff Leg Deadlifts - 3 sets X 8 reps
Calf Raises - 5X5 approach & 4X10 approach to hit different parts / muscle types

Friday is usually my leg day...I spend most weekends paralyzed... laying still like a rock :to::sadbron:

Last edited:

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
Warm Up extensive Leg foam rolling + Several variations of body weight Squats
Squat - 5/3/1 (5 reps, 3 reps & 1+ AMRAP on topset)
Squat - 5 sets x 10reps @ 60% of my 1RM
Front Squats - 3 sets X 8 reps
Leg Press - 5 sets X 10 reps
Good Mornings - 5 sets X 10 reps
Stiff Leg Deadlifts - 3 sets X 8 reps
Cal Raises - 5X5 approach & 4X10 approach to hit different parts / muscle types

Friday is usually my leg day...I spend most weekends paralyzed... laying still like a rock :to::sadbron:
Yeah I used to do legs on Fridays as well, but I started doing them closer to the middle of the week cuz my legs would be :flabbynsick: on the weekends. Couldn't keep doing that cuz I need my legs those days :to:.

SMH at me hitting up these bars/clubs looking like
h3D2E04E8