What's your GOAT video game Christmas memories?

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Getting the Dreamcast for Christmas and first thing I do on xmas morning is boot up Soul Caliber....my lawd :wow: :banderas:

Another one is getting Ocarina of Time and just playing that shyt all day obsessively, just having my mind blown with the scale of the game, and in between having sessions of WCW/NWO Revenge
What a time to be alive :mjcry:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I got 3 consoles for christmas growing up. Super Nintendo mario all stars bundle, N64 with Diddy Kong racing, and Dreamcast.

Dreamcast is by far the most hype i ever was to get a new console. Sonic Adventure just hit veeeeeery different than the other console launch games

sega-dreamcast-standard-us-box-2-front-1553429277-4.jpg

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Waking up Christmas morning to the opening of my Playstation 1, with no games:lupe: and just the damn demo disc, patiently waiting for the next day so I could run to Blockbuster and rent some games, lol!:ahh::ohlawd::banderas::wow::noah::mindblown::to::bryan:

It's literally the only christmas that I got a new console on Christmas day. All the others were like during birthdays or late birthday gifts and that also was the last era of me receiving consoles as gifts, as once PS2 dropped, I was buying them myself.:win::shaq2:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Christmas 2002

got a PS2, NBA Live 2003 and DBZ Budokai

pretty sure it's the only time I ever got a console for christmas... plus 2 games??

i was eatin that day:wow:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
My Pops bought me my first SNES and street figher 2 for christmas, he let me sneak and play it before christmas while my mom was at work :mjcry: I can still smell the new scent from the SNES and SF2 package,,,,best feeling in the world

51aqQ0RJtxL.jpg

I got this for Christmas on its release year as well. Also a dope Christmas gaming memory!

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
My parents split when I was young but I would see my dad for holidays n whatnot. I wanted a PS2 that year so I asked him and he was on some “I’m not sure if I can find one we’ll see”. He also said he wouldn’t be able to come into town that year.

about a week before Christmas there’s a knock at the front down on a random weeknight. My mom tells me to go answer it and when I did, it was my dad at the door with that big ass blue PS2 box:mjcry:

He got me NBA Live with Jason Kidd on the cover and NBA Street too:wow:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
When I first discovered mods for fallout 3 on pc :wow:

I was on nexus mods for days. DAYS. I was eating once a day for like 3 weeks.:wow:

I physically lost weight. Never forget randomly taking a shower and throwing on some sweats and them shyts aint fit no more:wow:

The opening sequence of BOTW...I cried...I legit put the controller down with tears coming down my face like :mjcry:...beautiful...

I heard my wife start playing it downstairs...I ran to the edge and was just looking at it again...hit the :mjcry:...she turned around like "what the fukk is wrong with you"

First really successful city I built in cities skylines...it was around 400k...had so many assets that the game was moving in slow motion since it's cpu bound...but for days i was like damn i really designed an actual real city...had played simc city forever but it can't touch cities skylines for realism and difficulty....

Getting the perfect ending in Frost Punk:wow:. Hardest gaming achievement in my life:wow:... Save scummed the shyt out of it. You can't let 1 person die. You don't need to bring back every survivor but the ones you do bring back they all got to make it :wow:. Right arm was fukked up for weeks after playing it so much:wow:

BlaccSunrise

Superstar
Daps
Christmas 2003 was my racing game heaven and introduction to online play.

Got another PS2 because my first one suffered from the Disc Read Error plague. It was bundled with ATV Offroad Fury 2.

Also got Need for Speed Underground 1, Project Gotham Racing 2, and an Xbox Live headset bundle.

Ended up putting a ton of hours in to each game online and have very fond memories of cursing out cacs.:wow:

Had to keep my voice low so my parents couldn't hear me.:mjgrin: