Whats your favorite video game boss fight?

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
Thinking on this more seriously: Alma. Both versions.

People now compare everything to being "Souls-like", but that game is still the OG video game definition of the word relentless.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Bayonetta has some pretty dope ones. Devil May cry 3 when you fight Virgil for the second time is dope. God of war has some good ones as well. Too many to really name.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Favorite is actually a secret boss fight

shyt had me on my toes and had my heart racing as a kid. One false move and you pretty much dead

Yea my fav bosses are all KH bosses lol. Specifically the remind data battles. On critical mode these are hands down some of the best boss battles in gaming. I beat them all besides Yozora. Still need to go back and actually beat him at some point. (Some of these vids I was in a discord and it recorded their voices lol) All of these are critical mode runs.

Xion
Xemnas
Marluxia
Master Xehanort

Hostile

All Star
Daps
Probably the first Saren fight in Mass Effect. The battle itself isn't tough but all the shyt that went down on Virmire made it special. Him being like Green Goblin, the battle theme :whew:

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
Great answer pal... Epic build up too
Outside of the posts already made like the Jeanne x bayonetta fights which I like the visuals on platinum games bosses are S tier but for that time to have that much post game play on a small cartridge is amazing. Lil 8-9 year old me had no idea how privileged I was at the time. Plus it was unexpected and the accuracy of his team was appreciated as a fan of the show as a jit I remember that fight not being easy. Only other challenging trainers later on would be Cynthia(heard she’s even stronger now and switches out Pokémon) that bytch cracked lol.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
MGS3_SnakeEater-e1427138810315.jpg

The Boss is the first Boss fight that made me want to shut the game off before I gave her the final kill shot. Never been so emotionally affected by a boss fight before. I think Kojima is a genius for this setup.

Shadow of the Colossus was basically a game full of epic Boss fights. No other game comes close. As far as the concept goes, Furi is designed the same, but it doesn't have the same atmosphere and motivation to compell me to finish it. Didn't even make it past the 2nd or 3rd boss before not giving a shyt and playing anymore. However Shadow of the Colossus compelled me to continue. I just had to know what the end game was. It was me and my horse. I can't remember which boss fight it was but the one where I lost my horse made me moist in the eyes man that shyt was epic.

Honorable mention ZOE2 had some epic boss fights.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Raiden vs Senator Armstrong is my favorite boss fight of all time. Has there ever been so much entertaining fukkery in a Boss Fight? I can't believe I beat this on the hardest difficulty, Revengence Mode. Platinum Games went hard!!!

You had to play this as no-hit cause he one-shots kills you in this mode. This shyt required extreme gaming stamina and skill. I don't think I can even duplicate this feat anymore. I feel like Master Mode Trials of the Sword from BOTW sapped the rest of my gaming God powers away, but this is the game that made me decide to leave hard mode on games the fukk alone lmao.

Edit:

ahahaaha I just watched this shyt again. The irony of Senator Armstrong doing his twist on Dr. Martin Luther King's "I have a dream" speech then proceeding to head-butt Raiden in 'Blackface'. I don't know if I should be offended or what. Kooky Japanese man I tell ya :mjlol:

Ain't no way that shyt was an accident. Armstrong even hints to talking about America's racism when he spouts about the isms. It's probably one of the most realistic boss fights in the fact that it's an American Senator trying to start a war against Pakistan by feeding bullshyt fear-mongering tactics to Americans on the internet.

Edit:

Hold the fukk up, he just said "Make America Great Again" before Trump said it. Trump gets his whole steez from Senator Armstrong? :ohhh:

Edit: Wait wtf Raiden says "Maybe I was wrong about you"

Senator Armstrong stops beating Raiden's ass, picks him up, brushes him off, shakes his hand, gives him a fukking hug and pat on the back. Fell for the oldest trick in the book. Man who directed this boss fight this nikka Armstrong Bipolar as fukk lmaooooo and I'm only halfway through the video. :lupe:

Last edited:

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
The Boss is the first Boss fight that made me want to shut the game off before I gave her the final kill shot. Never been so emotionally affected by a boss fight before. I think Kojima is a genius for this setup.

Shadow of the Colossus was basically a game full of epic Boss fights. No other game comes close. As far as the concept goes, Furi is designed the same, but it doesn't have the same atmosphere and motivation to compell me to finish it. Didn't even make it past the 2nd or 3rd boss before not giving a shyt and playing anymore. However Shadow of the Colossus compelled me to continue. I just had to know what the end game was. It was me and my horse. I can't remember which boss fight it was but the one where I lost my horse made me moist in the eyes man that shyt was epic.

Honorable mention ZOE2 had some epic boss fights.
Yea and as your defeating her the music changes…sh*t was beautiful and :to: at the same time.

I wish i could have experienced it in HD or when it first came out. I played it on psnow with that stupid tan filter, it didn’t let me truly enjoy it :snoop:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Yea and as your defeating her the music changes…sh*t was beautiful and :to: at the same time.

I wish i could have experienced it in HD or when it first came out. I played it on psnow with that stupid tan filter, it didn’t let me truly enjoy it :snoop:
then all the flowers changed colors!!!