What’s Y’all Job Title and What’s Y’all Salary?

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
You in the sandbox breh? I did contracting for like 6 yrs in Iraq/Afghan when I got out.. I miss that bread... im hoping to get back to it next yr when Donny gets back in office

You can make close to Iraq/Afghanistan money in the pacific now with better quality of life if you’re in a vetted position.

:sas2:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
If I spend two weeks over there would I be able to hit a nearby country also? Rwanda, Burundi, Kenya etc? Short bus ride hopefully

Love hitting two countries in the same trip,

Yup
It's only a one hr flight from Uganda to Rwanda or Kenya and 1.5 hours to Tanzania

On th bus 8 hrs to Kigali from Kampala Nairobi is like 12 but it's overnight and cheap

You can get the rest Africa Visa and that covers Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda

I've done Rwanda, Kenya and Uganda in th same trip

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Full Stack Software Engineer (Remote)
Under $200k base

I could get paid way more, but I seriously only work maybe 4 hours per week (not per day) because we did all our major work to scale up-front (I suggest everyone's teams do the same).
Was looking a little shaky earlier in the year, but balanced out.
Turned down a promotion to keep working at the current pace.

Comp Sci degree, finishing Electrical Eng. degree.
Looking for an easy J2, perhaps non-software.

Last edited:

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
Yes. I’m in Japan right now. Waiting on a phone call from Korea. A little less money but 5 years of security and 60/60 instead of 90/90 day rotations.

I’m in Saipan! Hopefully I’ll either be in the Philippines or Singapore this summer.

Vectrus has a big footprint in South Korea but their money be funny sometimes.

I was with them back when they were ITT.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
I’m in Saipan! Hopefully I’ll either be in the Philippines or Singapore this summer.

Vectrus has a big footprint in South Korea but their money be funny sometimes.

I was with them back when they were ITT.
You already know. Vectrus took over for KBR in CENTCOM when I was at Bagram and Irbil. A lot of brothas jumped ship because of the money.

Army takes the lowest bidder and Vectrus lowballed. TCNs were even leaving the country. Djiboutians revolted as well and fought for more money.

Sad.

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
You already know. Vectrus took over for KBR in CENTCOM when I was at Bagram and Irbil. A lot of brothas jumped ship because of the money.

Army takes the lowest bidder and Vectrus lowballed. TCNs were even leaving the country. Djiboutians revolted as well and fought for more money.

Sad.

A homeboy wanted me to come to Vectrus in Iraq for a senior management position. When I found out what the money looked like, I damn near laughed in his face.

i worked with DynCorp in Afghanistan and KBR in Iraq during the Logcap 3 days. The FN used to complain about the pay back then. My FN friends working for Vectrus in Iraq told me DynCorp paid them more.

6ixSigma

Pro
Daps
A homeboy wanted me to come to Vectrus in Iraq for a senior management position. When I found out what the money looked like, I damn near laughed in his face.

i worked with DynCorp in Afghanistan and KBR in Iraq during the Logcap 3 days. The FN used to complain about the pay back then. My FN friends working for Vectrus in Iraq told me DynCorp paid them more.

Taking a sr management role is proably the only way I'm going back to a contract like that.

i was on the movement control team in afghan with dyncorp an vectrus from 2012 to 2014. Looking back at those days i got fukked with the salary but i was young.

I'm still in the middle east now but more so on the commercial aviation side. Would mind going to a lockheed/boeing/raytheon as a sr manager though so always have an eye open.