What's with beggars asking for specific amounts of change?

Groanman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
THREE-OH-FIVE TILL I DIE
I went to Autozone yesterday and a beggin' brotha was standing in front of the place.

Beggin' Bro: "Hey big dog....can you please give me $.57 so I can catch the bus home?"

Well, it just so happens that I had $.57 + in my pocket. I took out all the change and passed him $.57.
I put the rest back in my pocket.

So, for a brief moment after, I was just standing there......waiting for some sort of gratitude. But....nothing.

Oh well.

Daps
Because if they ask for a dollar or 50 cents, people wouldn't give him it. Now that he asked for 57 cents, it gives the illusion of them being short to catch a bus, there's more of a chance of people giving him the money. It's really smart if you think about it.

atlbound

:ryan:
Daps
Reppin
SEH
Because if they ask for a dollar or 50 cents, people wouldn't give him it. Now that he asked for 57 cents, it gives the illusion of them being short to catch a bus, there's more of a chance of people giving him the money. It's really smart if you think about it.
:ohhh:

Cory MBA

Bigger Picture
Daps

:leon:

I just give them a dollar when I see them. Where I live they are mainly near the interstate or on busy boulevards and they try to catch donations at the red light. I honk and call them over and give them a dollar. I don' t even care if they say "thanks' to be honest. Feels good to do it. I look at it as some sort of test.

Maybe that goodwill is coming back to me in ways that I do not know about. Even if that's not the case, maybe I helped someone out that needed it.

Standing on the corner soliciting for change on a daily basis is a much more difficult career than what I have going on.

Daps
:ohhh:

I just give them a dollar when I see them. Where I live they are mainly near the interstate or on busy boulevards and they try to catch donations at the red light. I honk and call them over and give them a dollar. I don' t even care if they say "thanks' to be honest. Feels good to do it. I look at it as some sort of test.

Maybe that goodwill is coming back to me in ways that I do not know about. Even if that's not the case, maybe I helped someone out that needed it.

Standing on the corner soliciting for change on a daily basis is a much more difficult career than what I have going on.

Yesterday, I bought breakfast for myself. Walked out of the place and gave the homeless guy with the sign my whole breakfast. I was starving in the morning but it was nice to know someone else had a chance to eat breakfast. I used to bring tons of change and give them a dollar or two. shyt, I bought a couple coffees, donuts, bagels. shyt like that.

It breaks my heart when I see them begging so I try and do my best to help them out anyway I can.

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
They ask for really specific amounts because it causes you to really stop and think about what they asked. Asking for a quarter just sounds like they're asking for money. If they ask for a really specific amount causes people to stop and actually look because they'll seriously wonder how much change they're actually carrying. Even if they don't have that much change, they'll still wind up giving something a lot of the time.

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
all you dudes giving out money to these bums are a huge part of the fukking problem. these people wouldnt be bums if you didnt give them money. all they want is the next sip of booze or hit of drugs and you are just helpin em get it for free.

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
Smart enough to be making $20 dollars an hour without exerting any real energy. Just shut up.
Doubt it....wanna know why? Cuz they're sill homeless:laugh:

They're supposedly making 20 dollars an hour but still can't figure out how to live in adequate housing....but according to u they're as smart as it gets:heh:

Dork. :laff:

Daps
all you dudes giving out money to these bums are a huge part of the fukking problem. these people wouldnt be bums if you didnt give them money. all they want is the next sip of booze or hit of drugs and you are just helpin em get it for free.

Whatever makes them happy, breh