Whats With All This Internet Hate Towards Meek Mill?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This nikka Meek alright , good flow, some good lines here and there but over all very mediocre. I'll wait for his album for full judgment, but his mixtapes barely made it a week on my iPod

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think people shyt on it because the quality of DC2 didn't match the major attention it received when it first dropped. Which is true.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Meek is a trap rapper though. He raps about trappin. Only cacs don't know what trappin is

meek is philly street rap.
trap rap is stuff like young jeezy, t.i., gucci, etc

most of what meek is doing, was being done since before trap rap existed.

LOUDaffair

TrippyDREAD...
Daps
Reppin
3rd Ward New Orleans, Louisiana 504 ...
Meek like a life stories street rapper like Boosie yea they talk about grinding but I wouldn't say they trap rappers. Y'all just saying that cause he spit about hustling and the southern production.

But who cares bruh can spit fukk a label on what kinda rapper he is.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
^yea, ive been noticing that the lines have become blurred on these sites to the point where anything thats street is now considered trap, despite the fact that the actual trap style prolly hasnt even been around for 15 years.

yea, thats why i said that MOST of what he does isnt trap. hes been doing some trappy stuff here & there since he got down with ross and that southern production. but overall, no.

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
yea, thats why i said that MOST of what he does isnt trap. hes been doing some trappy stuff here & there since he got down with ross and that southern production. but overall, no.

My point is that there is not some large gap between what hes rapping about and your average trap rapper. That song actually came out before he was signed to MMG in 2010.

Meek is dope though. I don't think hes 'repetitive' anymore than some other MC we all listen to a lot.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
^the point is, trap rap isnt about subject matter. its a certain sound. people that actually are trap rappers, arent really touching on topics that havnt already been touched on. its a certain sound/style. just like how mob music was different from other west coast gangsta rap. meek is moreso of the figgas/state prop lineage. not the jeezy/t.i. lineage.

he was with grand hustle in 2010. same scenario.

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
:rudy:

u serious?

do u know what a trap rapper is :snoop:

how is meek anything similar to:
gucci
2 chains
yo gotti
juiceman
jeezy to some extent
rocko

even french montana could be thrown in that category

meek sounds like none of these nikkas, its not the subject matter but its the sound, by your logic pusha t camel and raekwon are trap rappers.