What’s the most effective Martial art?

Counter Racist Male

Retired poster and occasional lurker
Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
What do you think the most effective martial art is in real life situations? I was thinking maybe boxing followed by jujitsu but I’m not sure.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
quote-jeet-kune-do-it-s-just-a-name-don-t-fuss-over-it-there-s-no-such-thing-as-a-style-if-bruce-lee-124-68-64.jpg

honestly, it all depends breh. 9/10 times boxing is all you need. but what happens when you fight a nikka who knows wrestling and goes for takedowns or double underhook?

so basically the best style is whatever the style + takedown defense. as long as you can stay upright and knows how to punch or kick without getting taken down then you have a fighting chance.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
If i had to only pick one. Muay thai

Edit:
Or krav maga hmm

muai thai is devastating standing up. no doubt. but it's completely useless in the ground and 9 out of 10 times street fight ends up in the ground. if a some nikka looking like Sagat tryna low kick my ass then then i would instinctively go for double leg using my high school wrestling background

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Im not a fighter but i listen and watch alot of martial arts/boxing YouTube channels. General consensus is martial arts style are are almost meaningless. Most styles, by themselves it, have no real world applications. Muay Thai and MMA generalists seem to be the most practical and useful IRL. Below is an example

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
What do you think the most effective martial art is in real life situations? I was thinking maybe boxing followed by jujitsu but I’m not sure.

(Just my ignant-ass opinion.)

The OP assumes dude you're fighting has no friends. BJJ sounds great until you start getting stomped by dude's homeboy. Lotta places I wouldn't want to roll (streets with broken glass and shyt on em, etc).

Boxing/MT/Kickboxing are all great, assuming you have space and your opponent can't fight either. @FabTrey hit the nail on the head, what if the CAC you just ethered was on that Iowa wrestling team? Boxing may not help you if he takes you down before you can knock him out. If the dude you're fighting is in a higher weight class and has hands, you might be fukked.

Gun-fu sounds great too until you catch a murder or attempted murder case.

Best bet is to either train in MMA/Martial arts used frequently in MMA (wrestling, sambo, bjj, mt, boxing, kickboxing, judo), be skilled in them, and never get caught lacking without a tool or being by yourself.