Whats the last great superhero theme?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
That shyt feels generic to me too. Maybe my issue is I'm comparing them all to Williams and Elfman and that's a tough bar
I hear you it does compared to them. Was just nice to hear an old familiar theme. Only those two should be scoring these movies realistically

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I hear you it does compared to them. Only those two should be scoring these movies realistically

Hans has proven his merit though. Even though I don't fukk with his batman theme, his superman theme is incredible. But, his batman theme is definitely distinct and feeds into the narrative of the character and tells you a lot without verbalizing it

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It's just not a focus it seems. I think classic scores are hard to come by as it is these days.

Well, Seth McFarlane spoke on this during Williams' ceremony: guys don't use full orchestras anymore, they record different instruments at different times and then splice them together, they aren't full collaborators, etc. So the music suffers

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

UPLIFTING. :blessed:

:demonic: FROM THE WATCHTOWER.

FOR THOSE RAINY NIGHTS.:demonic:

WHEN IT ALL WENT DOWN.:demonic:

:myman:
tumblr_m5ivj475cS1rrtdw4o1_400_zpsehutq9ar.gif

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Hans has proven his merit though. Even though I don't fukk with his batman theme, his superman theme is incredible. But, his batman theme is definitely distinct and feeds into the narrative of the character and tells you a lot without verbalizing it
I like him too. Forgot to include

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There hasn't been any memorable superhero scores in the 2010s. Which is unfortunate because there have been really great CBMs.

I think the standalone Wonder Woman and Black Panther will change that.