Whats the greatest 'oh shyt!' moment youve experienced in gaming?

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
still seeing super mario 64 in action at Toys R US before the N64 was released. I believe it was in demo form. My jaw dropped seeing 3d graphics done like that. I honestly dont' think gaming is capable of having such a big jump feel and hasn't had a leap like that since in my opinion. Everything is just more refined graphics of the same gaming mechanics we've had since ps2 days

Daps
You Breh are too hardcore for me. I tend to play the platformers and I remember 2 moments just off the top of my head.
I think the first was Resident Evil or Resident Evil 2. I never liked those games but a buddy had gotten the Playstation and bought this. I hated the save/resource shyt that they forced you to go back to a crate and offload stuff in order to carry other stuff needed to get through to different parts of the house.
There was this one room with a observation window (like an interrogation room) which I kept coming up to and I didn't have the space for the key etc to get in there. So late one night by myself I off loaded everything and walked into the room to go after this glimering item only to have a (licker?) jump out and scare the stewbeans out of me! I jumped off of the couch.
The second one is Tombraider 2 on PS2. I had never played though a platformer that much before and I had gotten to the second part in Italy where you are in the room with the chandeliers which you have to manipulate and climb to get up to the ceiling.
Well I climbed up but kept the run button down and Lara ran right off of the highest beam and fell way down to the floor. This would not have been so bad except this was by far the farthest she had fallen before.
So imagine my chills when she lets out a scream before hitting the floor.
These are weak I know but they are my memorable moments.

Rout3r2035

Superstar
Daps
The first time you long jumped off a planet in Super Mario Galaxy and the gravity lets loose :wow:

First couple matches in Splatoon :wow:

Fighting Red in Pokemon Silver :wow:

Going off the normal path and playing an entirely new route in Star Fox 64, including beating Andross. :wow:

Wii Sports was :wow: even for non gamers

All of Portal for the first time. :wow:

Watching Aggro fall in Shadow of the Colossus, the 16th Colossus fight, and the ending :mjcry:

Rescuing Yorda and seeing her on the beach in ICO :mjcry:

And countless others. :wow:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Had a nikka straight like :dwillhuh: at the screen

And at this point Raiden was ass naked so I was already :dwillhuh: anyway

And my dumbass was really ready to turn the Ps2 off

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
First time I shot the golden gun.

First time I saw the trailer for super smash Bros. 64

Playing assault mode on Mos Eisley in og battlefront 2.

Getting to Mexico in red dead.

And low key when I found out you can make lightsabers in dead rising.

Story mode and bare knuckle fight in fight night champion.

And when they added old teams to 2k

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
Ima try to start from the beginning

When u get far as fukk on a mario 1 board and die and gotta start from the beginning

when u playing mario 3 and u skip to world 8 off the whistle and u think u winning but that hand grabs u

when u discover combos in SF2 by way of getting washed by Ryu

when u realize how cheap sagat uppercut and bison psycho crusher was. that fukking drill got THREE HITS

when the 3 extra characters popped up in OG SF2...then bison popped up after Sagat

when sephiroth kilt bae

when Gil regenerates in SF3

NFL 2k5 being $20.