What's the best way to get into the PS ecosystem after being a XBOT since inception?

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
So after doing some deep dive research between PC vs PS, I have come to understand the most effective BBG plan of action is to just use my Series X as a third party/Gamepass workhorse and just cop a PS for the exclusives. I repeat, I have no plans on using my PS for anything other than catching up on first party heat.

With that being said, do I just eat off PS Plus? I know it's not better than Gamepass but if they have Uncharted and TLOU remaster then the value is worth it in my opinion. Once I beat them I'll never play it again so there's no need to own it.

Furthermore, I'm using Turtle Beaches for my Xbox, but they're specifically made for Xbox (stealth 700). Am I going to have to buy a whole new headset for playstation or can I just use Bluetooth headphones? I'm really not looking forward to having to buy another set of cans just for playstation. But anyways yeah help usher a brother back into the fold. I know I been an opp since Christmas 2001 but my gaming journey DID begin with the OG PlayStation, and I did indeed own a PS2, so show a RiGGA some love

basketball-players-doing-creative-dap-g58k67prqrqbiv88.gif

Canon

Veteran
Daps
I would suggest with playing the classics that you missed on ps plus

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
You'll probably have to buy a new headset. I have the ps5 stealth 700s

• Sad
Reactions: BBG

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
You'll probably have to buy a new headset. I have the ps5 stealth 700s
Damn. I think it's ridiculous that in 2023 you can't use Bluetooth functionality with either "premium" console. I use my earbuds on my phone/switch and they're perfect.

Xbox is the multiplayer console anyway though so I'll probably just use my speakers for the PlayStation and be done with it. It's a built in mic in the controller too right?

Ps Plus Extra

8t3mwb.jpg

It will probably only take you a couple months before you realize PS Plus and Gamepass aren’t that different and that theres more big AAA games on Plus. Gamepass is much more impressive as a single console owner
Damn, Xbox propaganda did a number on me :ohhh: PS Plus Extra looking glorious, how much is it a month?

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Ps Plus Extra

8t3mwb.jpg

It will probably only take you a couple months before you realize PS Plus and Gamepass aren’t that different and that theres more big AAA games on Plus. Gamepass is much more impressive as a single console owner
90% of the games on GamePass are irrelevant, and this is coming from a MS loyalist since 360

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Damn. I think it's ridiculous that in 2023 you can't use Bluetooth functionality with either "premium" console. I use my earbuds on my phone/switch and they're perfect.

Xbox is the multiplayer console anyway though so I'll probably just use my speakers for the PlayStation and be done with it. It's a built in mic in the controller too right?

Damn, Xbox propaganda did a number on me :ohhh: PS Plus Extra looking glorious, how much is it a month?

oxi-clean-but-wait-theres-more.gif

75 bucks a year (discounted) for ps plus extra, with that you a typical list like this per month of games…

Just this past June …..

a5ed3f37dfcd68b8311dbab2b15bb5db203aa773.jpg

• NBA 2K23 | PS4, PS5
  • Jurassic World Evolution 2 | PS4, PS5
  • Trek to Yomi | PS4, PS5

846eb87bf0ad626b50eea4453b8cce1fa960f3ab.jpg

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog - Available Tuesday, June 20.
  • Far Cry 6 (PS4/PS5)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge (PS4/PS5)
  • Rogue Legacy 2 (PS4/PS5)
  • Inscryption (PS4/PS5)
  • Soulstice (PS5)
  • Tacoma (PS4)
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PS4)
  • Killing Floor 2 (PS4)
  • Hundred Days - Winemaking Simulator (PS4/PS5)
  • Redout 2 (PS4/PS5)
  • MX vs ATV Legends (PS4/PS5)
  • PAW Patrol Mighty Pups Save Adventure Bay (PS4/PS5)
  • My Friend Peppa Pig (PS4/PS5)
  • DC League of Super-Pets: The Adventures of Krypto and Ace (PS4/PS5)
  • The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition (PS4)
  • ELEX 2 (PS4/PS5)
  • Lonely Mountains: Downhill (PS4)
  • Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York (PS4)
  • A Hat in Time (PS4)
  • Carto (PS4)
  • Forager (PS4)
  • Dodgeball Academia (PS4)
  • The Wild at Heart (PS4)
  • Thief (PS4)

Thats every month, you get around 30 games a month (and more with premium). The PS Plus essential games you keep forever as long as you claim them and keep the service, the extra games are like gamepass where they stay on the service for about a year, playstation first party games stay on there for a lot longer (only spider-man 2018 has been taken off so far)

• Wow

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This year has been good if you’re someone new to the playstation ecosystem or just doesn’t buy brand new games. Almost every first party game is on the service at this point aside from GT7 and Ragnarok

4dd6f5f601208a9b1813aafe75a89b5a402d770d.jpg

WCCFpsplus11.jpg

88f6e95aa46c03f0dda2497507214925498f6a54.jpg

Last edited:
  • Dap

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Oh and i forgot, CDkeys usually has discounts on plus, they used to be a lot better but you can get 12 month memberships for 52 dollars right now

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Oh and i forgot, CDkeys usually has discounts on plus, they used to be a lot better but you can get 12 month memberships for 52 dollars right now

What tier do you get if you buy ps plus?

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
The economical way is to buy a playstation with a disc drive and go to your local gamestop or hop on eBay and buy those used copies for the low.

Or check digital sale.

Really no point in paying for ps plus (any tier) since all the games you're going to play are offline single player games

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The economical way is to buy a playstation with a disc drive and go to your local gamestop or hop on eBay and buy those used copies for the low.

Or check digital sale.

Really no point in paying for ps plus (any tier) since all the games you're going to play are offline single player games

Don’t listen to this guy, get plus

Most of those games even used will still run you 20-30 dollars each

Last edited:

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
oxi-clean-but-wait-theres-more.gif

75 bucks a year (discounted) for ps plus extra, with that you a typical list like this per month of games…

Just this past June …..

a5ed3f37dfcd68b8311dbab2b15bb5db203aa773.jpg

• NBA 2K23 | PS4, PS5
  • Jurassic World Evolution 2 | PS4, PS5
  • Trek to Yomi | PS4, PS5

846eb87bf0ad626b50eea4453b8cce1fa960f3ab.jpg

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog - Available Tuesday, June 20.
  • Far Cry 6 (PS4/PS5)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge (PS4/PS5)
  • Rogue Legacy 2 (PS4/PS5)
  • Inscryption (PS4/PS5)
  • Soulstice (PS5)
  • Tacoma (PS4)
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PS4)
  • Killing Floor 2 (PS4)
  • Hundred Days - Winemaking Simulator (PS4/PS5)
  • Redout 2 (PS4/PS5)
  • MX vs ATV Legends (PS4/PS5)
  • PAW Patrol Mighty Pups Save Adventure Bay (PS4/PS5)
  • My Friend Peppa Pig (PS4/PS5)
  • DC League of Super-Pets: The Adventures of Krypto and Ace (PS4/PS5)
  • The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition (PS4)
  • ELEX 2 (PS4/PS5)
  • Lonely Mountains: Downhill (PS4)
  • Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York (PS4)
  • A Hat in Time (PS4)
  • Carto (PS4)
  • Forager (PS4)
  • Dodgeball Academia (PS4)
  • The Wild at Heart (PS4)
  • Thief (PS4)

Thats every month, you get around 30 games a month (and more with premium). The PS Plus essential games you keep forever as long as you claim them and keep the service, the extra games are like gamepass where they stay on the service for about a year, playstation first party games stay on there for a lot longer (only spider-man 2018 has been taken off so far)
Oh I'm definitely sold, but spiderman isn't on there? That was like the next game I wanted to play after uncharted and TLOU... I can probably find it for the low tho so that's not too bad. $75 for a year is a fukkin steal tho I'm basically gonna be set with a digital PS5 AND a year of plus for less than $500 :gladbron: damn I'm glad I'm exiting the Stan wars, unlike you I'm genuinely #bothsides gang I wish the best for both Sony And GOATsoft.

Or check digital sale.

:mjlol: :mjlol: my nikka I promise you I haven't bought a disc since I copped an Xbox One almost a decade ago. Not a gaming disc, I mean ANY disc. DVD, Blue Ray, music CD, you naaaame it

There isn't a chance in hell I'm ever going back to physical media.