What's the best NBA2K?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
You showed your age on that son. But I agree Live 98 was the GOAT basketball game for a long time. Double Dribble was overrated tho, Tecmo NBA was waaaaay better.

nikkaz slept on this fire tho :mjgrin:

602883.jpg
That Game had potential but didn't live up to it imo. I think Konami gave up after that.

And I didn't love Tecmo NBA. It was like John Elway football, I played it but I didn't love it.

Konami did make perhaps the best basketball game ever (from a potential standpoint) in Run n Gun. What that series would look and play like today :to:

And I'm still in my 30's... For now :unsure:

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
You showed your age on that son. But I agree Live 98 was the GOAT basketball game for a long time. Double Dribble was overrated tho, Tecmo NBA was waaaaay better.

nikkaz slept on this fire tho :mjgrin:

602883.jpg
crazy how there were so many basketball game options on the market back in the day

and now theres really just one

the positive is that 2K rose to the top by simply being the best quality product

instead of doing shady sh1t to eliminate comp like Madden did

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
NBA Live 10 was good :ufdup:

Not good enough for a game for it's generation

If it came out 3 years earlier when I had a PS2

I have it on 360 and it feels so dated

I literally stopped playing 2K11 MyPlayer last year

I bought and tried out 2K14-2k17 and of course the graphics are better and there are more animations and more realistic physics

But, they just aren't as solid gameplay wise as 11

NBA Live 10
feels like 06 with better graphics and more modes

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
From a gameplay perspective? 2K11 is king, imo. Was there still some b.s. and rubberbanding a.i.? Yes, but it was minimal in comparison to other games in the series. I never got better games vs the a.i. or human competition than I did in 2k11. Everything felt organic and the players didn't feel like they were stuck in the mud. When I lost, it was because I was outplayed. I also loved those size up moves, particularly Michael's which were scary authentic. Speaking of Mike, I believe this was the first 2k to feature him as playable and to offer so many versions of him. Playing as 80s Mike was different than the '96 version. Really fun game.

My personal favorite however, is easily 2K7. It's nowhere the smoothest or deepest. In fact, compared to the games that followed, it was bare bones, but it's the very first "next gen" title I popped into the system after jumping from the PS2 to the Xbox 360. It was surreal how significant the leap was from a gameplay & technical perspective. I had it on PS2 first, so going from

To

Was insane. :dahell: :wow: So many players having signature shots, the sweat that you could actually see build and fly as players minutes increased, and the enhanced court was crazy to me. Of course it isn't impressive 12 years later, but it's probably the biggest leap I've ever experienced. I used to destroy teams w/ the '05 - '06 Kobe.:wow:

watching these vids.... the real question is, what camera view are y'all playing on :hhh:

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
can't wait til the Lebron version drops where u relive all his finals loses

:wow:
They've mastered player's signature moves, but his arsenal of post play complaints about phantom calls is seemingly missing. I can only hope they'll address these in the Deluxe NBA 2Kang edition

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
From a gameplay perspective? 2K11 is king, imo. Was there still some b.s. and rubberbanding a.i.? Yes, but it was minimal in comparison to other games in the series. I never got better games vs the a.i. or human competition than I did in 2k11. Everything felt organic and the players didn't feel like they were stuck in the mud. When I lost, it was because I was outplayed. I also loved those size up moves, particularly Michael's which were scary authentic. Speaking of Mike, I believe this was the first 2k to feature him as playable and to offer so many versions of him. Playing as 80s Mike was different than the '96 version. Really fun game.

My personal favorite however, is easily 2K7. It's nowhere the smoothest or deepest. In fact, compared to the games that followed, it was bare bones, but it's the very first "next gen" title I popped into the system after jumping from the PS2 to the Xbox 360. It was surreal how significant the leap was from a gameplay & technical perspective. I had it on PS2 first, so going from

To

Was insane. :dahell: :wow: So many players having signature shots, the sweat that you could actually see build and fly as players minutes increased, and the enhanced court was crazy to me. Of course it isn't impressive 12 years later, but it's probably the biggest leap I've ever experienced. I used to destroy teams w/ the '05 - '06 Kobe.:wow:

yeah 2k7 was the only sports game I owned at the time and that shyt left me awe struck on the 360