What’s Some Recent Decisions You Made That You Regret

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
all the money Ive spent this year on music shyt trying to get out of my slump...aint using none of it :beli:

scotch

Rookie
Daps
On another note, not going to a foot doctor sooner. I got flat feet and my left leg is slightly shorter (plus I'm :flabbynsick:) so I put weight on my left side. I've just always tolerated it but being at this job for a year now (warehouse - standing all day) might be the last straw. My ankle just randomly started aching last week and while it's feeling better at the moment, I know it's not gonna stay that way. Got an apointment in a few hours. :lupe:
Do you wear orthotics?

Hope you were able to find a good podiatrist. I had to have corrective surgery after years of overcompensating since I don’t have an arch. Glad I got it checked out because being flat footed can impact your back and other parts of the body from years of non support.

I watched my grandfather’s health decline because of his mistrust in doctors so I had to make a decision to build a medical roster (PCP, endocrinologist, urologist, podiatrist, etc) due to my family history. Not many other BM around me believe in it but I wanna be around for a while.

scotch

Rookie
Daps
Being too “understanding” and Allowing disrespect from family members just bc they’re going through shyt. Covid adjusted my outlook

EffedUp

Pugs get lonely too...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cincinnati, OH
Do you wear orthotics?

Hope you were able to find a good podiatrist. I had to have corrective surgery after years of overcompensating since I don’t have an arch. Glad I got it checked out because being flat footed can impact your back and other parts of the body from years of non support.

I watched my grandfather’s health decline because of his mistrust in doctors so I had to make a decision to build a medical roster (PCP, endocrinologist, urologist, podiatrist, etc) due to my family history. Not many other BM around me believe in it but I wanna be around for a while.
I do but they're not custom. :snoop:
My current job is the first one I've had where I'm really standing all day (leaving that shyt before year's end). I went through several shoes working there before settling on the Skechers I got now (which have been very comfortable). I was already worried about my toes since I think they're slowly starting to curl now the ankle shyt. No one to blame but myself though. :francis:

EDIT: Doctor pointed out the issue with the subtalar joint due to flat feet. Got a shot in my foot (which hurt like hell), prescription and recommendation for these specific inserts. Hope it helps cause I'm not looking forward to future surgery.

Last edited:

Sunshine

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I didn't follow my first mind, when I knew better. On a very sensitive day for someone important, I took a wrong course of action. Instead of explaining myself like I should have, I let my pride get in the way.

EffedUp

Pugs get lonely too...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cincinnati, OH
I didn't follow my first mind, when I knew better. On a very sensitive day for someone important, I took a wrong course of action. Instead of explaining myself like I should have, I let my pride get in the way.
Basically sums up the first blowup with my homegirl. One of my main gripes with her in recent months is lack of communication. There would be times I'd text her and she wouldn't respond (coming up with BS excuses). The day after a pretty emotional one for her, I text trying to keep her spirits up. She doesn't respond yet she's posting later on social media. :patrice:
Moms told me not to make a big deal but of course I vent on FB anyway. :snoop: The rant wasn't all about her but I can't be mad she took it that way (timing was also awful). She started off sad and apologetic then it turned to anger and frustration. We squashed it later that evening and it seemed everything was good for like 2 weeks.
Being too “understanding” and Allowing disrespect from family members just bc they’re going through shyt. Covid adjusted my outlook
My homegirl's like family so I feel this right now too. She's lashed out at me and blown things out of proportion falling back on the fact she's going through shyt. She honestly would rather be miserable than get the help she truly needs and that sucks. :francis:

Sunshine

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Basically sums up the first blowup with my homegirl. One of my main gripes with her in recent months is lack of communication. There would be times I'd text her and she wouldn't respond (coming up with BS excuses). The day after a pretty emotional one for her, I text trying to keep her spirits up. She doesn't respond yet she's posting later on social media. :patrice:
Moms told me not to make a big deal but of course I vent on FB anyway. :snoop: The rant wasn't all about her but I can't be mad she took it that way (timing was also awful). She started off sad and apologetic then it turned to anger and frustration. We squashed it later that evening and it seemed everything was good for like 2 weeks.

My homegirl's like family so I feel this right now too. She's lashed out at me and blown things out of proportion falling back on the fact she's going through shyt. She honestly would rather be miserable than get the help she truly needs and that sucks. :francis:

I just read your initial post about the misunderstanding. Responding/reacting has to be handled with kid gloves. I didn't respond the right way either. Though I did not blow up, I could have nullified the situation, but I let it ride and it escalated. It's tough to always remember in the moment to handle people with a gentle nature.

That distance can be something else, be it friend, family or mate. You have to let her come to you, don't push it. I'm in the same boat. Yours sounds more promising though.

EffedUp

Pugs get lonely too...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cincinnati, OH
I just read your initial post about the misunderstanding. Responding/reacting has to be handled with kid gloves. I didn't respond the right way either. Though I did not blow up, I could have nullified the situation, but I let it ride and it escalated. It's tough to always remember in the moment to handle people with a gentle nature.

I'm feeling it right now too. That distance can be something else, be it friend, family or mate. You have to let her come to you, don't push it. I'm in the same boat. Yours sounds more promising though.
That's what I'm trying to do now but this shyt is hard. I wished it never came to this point but that's life for you.

Hope your situation works out as well.