What's in your blu-ray collection?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
brehs how many of your friends still cop blu-rays?

digital really took over..everyone from my 40 year old brother in law to my 65 year old dad, to my mother and even the butch lesbians at work are digital now.

I will admit its much easier to play something from my hard drive or vudu then getting up looking for something on the shelf then having to put it back

dude at work told me im chasing dinosaurs :heh:.

they do look dope on the shelf tho so i'll continue to cop and use the digital copy as backup

makes me mad that digital comes out 3 weeks earlier and gets the special features now though

@HHR @MartyMcFly @kp404 @blazn101

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
@flyry

I'm one of the few collectors out of my friends. Most of them stick with dvd's or digital copies. I just can't give up picture and sound quality (esp 7.1 and hopefully Atmos soon). Shelf looks so nice and neat with the blu's on them. Maybe I'm old school, I like the packaging and art that comes with the disc. I honestly don't think I used one digital copy code from any of my movies. Friends ask "how many movies are you up to now?" "when you putting the ticket counter and popcorn machine in?".

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I've never streamed anything not on Netflix, Hulu or Prime. The blu quality is worth the difference in cost and space to me.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community

digital really took over..everyone from my 40 year old brother in law to my 65 year old dad, to my mother and even the butch lesbians at work are digital now.

I will admit its much easier to play something from my hard drive or vudu then getting up looking for something on the shelf then having to put it back

they do look dope on the shelf tho so i'll continue to cop and use the digital copy as backup

makes me mad that digital comes out 3 weeks earlier and gets the special features now though

I'm the only one of my friends that collects but I don't care. I've been collecting since I was a kid and I love it. I'm about to place a big order with Amazon right now; Plus you got companies like Scream Factory, Arrow Video, 88 films, etc. releasing older movies, so I'm gonna always collect and I still say fukk digital media unless its on youtube or veehd or something

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Only three of us have blu ray players as far as I know.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
the last of the blu-hicans :mjcry:

Nah not even lol no one ever splurged to get one. My boy has one cause he's got a ps3, I've got a ps3 and a blu ray player and an xbox one and my best friend has a blu ray. I don't think any of my other homies ever copped a blu ray player although I could be wrong

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Nah not even lol no one ever splurged to get one. My boy has one cause he's got a ps3, I've got a ps3 and a blu ray player and an xbox one and my best friend has a blu ray. I don't think any of my other homies ever copped a blu ray player although I could be wrong
actually..i never copped a blu-ray player either.. i got my ps3 slim in 09..and didn't have a standalone one til my girl moved in with me a few years ago.

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest

Most of my friends buy blus.. Guess we're the last of a dying breed.
But we only get blus that we are going to watch over time also. Most of us are real film buffs...:obama:

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
I'm the only one of my friends that collects but I don't care. I've been collecting since I was a kid and I love it. I'm about to place a big order with Amazon right now; Plus you got companies like Scream Factory, Arrow Video, 88 films, etc. releasing older movies, so I'm gonna always collect and I still say fukk digital media unless its on youtube or veehd or something

What are you getting from Amazon? I'm getting ready to make some purchases also.