What's in your blu-ray collection?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Still not on the 4K wave.

What he said

You brehs missing out. This year we are getting not only JP, but The Matrix (OG only) and Die Hard (OG only), Braveheart, Gladiator, all the Mission Impossibles, Saving Private Ryan true 4k releases.

And that's all we know of so far I'm sure the catalog floodgates will continue to open.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I've gone very digtal in the past year (Wind River, Baby Driver, Spider-man Homecoming, Wonder Woman, Coco) - all digital. Paddington 2 (UHD digital since no US 4k release) and Annihilation on digital pre-order too.

I'm almost out of space

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You brehs missing out. This year we are getting not only JP, but The Matrix (OG only) and Die Hard (OG only), Braveheart, Gladiator, all the Mission Impossibles, Saving Private Ryan true 4k releases.

And that's all we know of so far I'm sure the catalog floodgates will continue to open.

We been over this lol. I got them shyts on my shelf and they look fantastic on blu ray. I see no need to upgrade to something that will just collect dust. Like seriously it’ll sit there and I’ll never watch it. It’ll be a waste of money for me

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
We been over this lol. I got them shyts on myself and they look fantastic on blu ray. I see no need to upgrade to something that will just collect dust. Like seriously it’ll sit there and I’ll never watch it. It’ll be a waste of money for me
:mjpls:

6ce40ca473ef510f24fbc7453f694e63_XL.jpg

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Seen it enough times where I don't need to buy it. So yeah it would sit on the shelf. That shyt is on TCM once a month
You're watching a film shot on 70mm on fukking TCM? :what:

I never watch it but this movie will pronablu be the definitive 4k release.

Dat orange in HDR :noah:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You're watching a film shot on 70mm on fukking TCM? :what:

I never watch it but this movie will pronablu be the definitive 4k release.

Dat orange in HDR :noah:
:manny: I've seen it on blu ray, I've seen it on TCM. I've seen it enough times in my life breh I do not need to buy that movie.

The bolded is my point:russ: I am NEVER going to watch that shyt again in my life so why would I spend money on it when that money can be spent on something else I'm actually going to use? Or actually want? Spend money like an investor, not a pimp

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
:manny: I've seen it on blu ray, I've seen it on TCM. I've seen it enough times in my life breh I do not need to buy that movie.

The bolded is my point:russ: I am NEVER going to watch that shyt again in my life so why would I spend money on it when that money can be spent on something else I'm actually going to use? Or actually want? Spend money like an investor, not a pimp
You buy it as a demo for your 4k tv:upsetfavre:

When ur tv breaks down you'll have no choice to get a 4k tv and maybe prices will have dropped by then.

I don't like having to triple or quadruple dip on titles since the vhs days but some titles are a must

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You buy it as a demo for your 4k tv:upsetfavre:

When ur tv breaks down you'll have no choice to get a 4k tv and maybe prices will have dropped by then.

I don't like having to triple or quadruple dip on titles since the vhs days but some titles are a must

But I'm not going to buy it when/if that happens:russ:

We been over this. I'm not a blu ray collector anymore man. I buy only what I want to watch and what I know will be watched. I'm not going to watch 2001. It'll collect dust and I'll be mad at myself for wasting my money. It's not about the cost breh as much as it's about ROI. Wh buy that when I can get a piece of vinyl for the same price and get a lot more spins out of it? 4K of a movie I'm not going to watch or From Russia With Love on vinyl? Easy choice

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
But I'm not going to buy it when/if that happens:russ:

We been over this. I'm not a blu ray collector anymore man. I buy only what I want to watch and what I know will be watched. I'm not going to watch 2001. It'll collect dust and I'll be mad at myself for wasting my money. It's not about the cost breh as much as it's about ROI. Wh buy that when I can get a piece of vinyl for the same price and get a lot more spins out of it? 4K of a movie I'm not going to watch or From Russia With Love on vinyl? Easy choice
Would you be tempted by a 4k bond set? :mjpls:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Would you be tempted by a 4k bond set? :mjpls:

Yeah but I’d watch that. That’s the difference. I’ve had every bond on dvd and blu ray. And I get plenty of burn out of them. That’s a purchase that makes sense. But buying some shyt just to say I bought it doesn’t work for me

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Only WB titles mainly
That's odd. In Canada WB 4K is same price as anything else and I find their titles on sale all the time.

Disney charges an arm and a leg and the prices never go down though. They want 4k prices for regular ass blu rays let alone the 4k releases.

Side Note,I Just picked up the first 3 Bourne Films,they were $13 each On 4K

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
That's odd. In Canada WB 4K is same price as anything else and I find their titles on sale all the time.

Disney charges an arm and a leg and the prices never go down though. They want 4k prices for regular ass blu rays let alone the 4k releases.

Side Note,I Just picked up the first 3 Bourne Films,they were $13 each On 4K
Here WB catalog titles are always $29.99. And they never seem to go down in price (Goodfellas and Mad Max Fury Road still are).

Only exception was Wonder Woman for a bit after it came out and a one week sale on some of the Nolan titles.

Pisses me off.

I haven't seen them but I have heard the Bourne movies are the most subpar titles on UHD according to the bluyray.com members