What's in your blu-ray collection?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Disney/Pixar finally jumped on the 4K UHD train :blessed:. Now we need those Marvel classics on 4K with Dolby Atmos.

StarWarsLastJedi4KBDcoverart.jpg
First with DV but GOTG2. Coco. Thor rag and Cars 3 all 4k

Daps
I've noticed that a lot of blu-rays have dropped in price and a bunch of collections have dropped in price as well, like The Rush Hour Trilogy is $14.99, The Ip Man Trilogy is $14.99,The Raid Collection is $13.49, Alfred Hitchcock The Masterpiece Collection is $43.99 (15 movies), etc...Should I go ahead and buy them or wait for the hope of them coming out in 4K?
You might as well buy the Hitchcock collection, 4k isn't gonna make the picture quality much better.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
You might as well buy the Hitchcock collection, 4k isn't gonna make the picture quality much better.

This is true for a lot of the older releases. I'll admit I am a 4K UHD supporter all the way. I buy a lot of the older releases when they come on 4K just due to the Atmos surround sound upgrade, like Ghostbusters 1 & 2, plus they were on sale.

Some stuff like the Nolan collection is on 4K with no sound upgrade just picture (which is criminal btw). I will most likely pick it up though.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
This is true for a lot of the older releases. I'll admit I am a 4K UHD supporter all the way. I buy a lot of the older releases when they come on 4K just due to the Atmos surround sound upgrade, like Ghostbusters 1 & 2, plus they were on sale.

Some stuff like the Nolan collection is on 4K with no sound upgrade just picture (which is criminal btw). I will most likely pick it up though.
I disagree. Blade Runner 1982 is arguably the best looking 4k disc. It's easily the biggest upgrade. The blu is unwatchable after. Catalog movies on 4k blu excite me more than new ones because they were shot on film and are true 4k and not 2k digital intermediates upscaled to 4k like most films from the past 15+ yrs

Last edited:

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I disagree. Blade Runner 1982 is arguably the best looking 4k disc. It's easily the biggest upgrade. The blu is unwatchable after. Catalog movies on 4k blu excite me more than new ones because they were shot on film and are true 4k and not 2k digital intermediates upscaled to 4k like most films from the past 15+ yrs

I will have to peep that Blade Runner title on 4K. So far my best looking 4K title that I own is Lucy, weird ass movie but the picture quality is easily a 9 or 10. Not sure what it was shot at. Worst is Oblivion, 4K release is soft on video compared to its BD counterpart, only upgrade is 7.1 to Atmos for 4K.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I will have to peep that Blade Runner title on 4K. So far my best looking 4K title that I own is Lucy, weird ass movie but the picture quality is easily a 9 or 10. Not sure what it was shot at. Worst is Oblivion, 4K release is soft on video compared to its BD counterpart, only upgrade is 7.1 to Atmos for 4K.
My top 3 best looking UHDs:

Blade Runner
The Revenant
Dunkirk