34sl9vn.jpg

Just arrived today. :blessed:

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I made the jump to 4K brehs. It's definitely a step up over 1080. It took me a day or two for my eyes to get used to just how much brighter it is (dem nits). The 4K streaming content which is basically just the originals on Netflix and Amazon look amazing.

My player just arrived today I threw on The Revenant 4K and just :wow: Say what you will about the movie but it looked incredible.

There's not really any other UHD blu's I want at the moment and the selection is pretty ass but for now even 1080 content upscaled looks great. I put on Demolition Man on the DVR and it looked damn good

n89w5revpwj3pb6e1yd7.jpg

I'm only on 15 4K blu's myself selection is very limited, however the picture quality on some them is :ohlawd:. Weird ass movie but Lucy is just fukking flawless. All we need is more studios on board, ahem Disney/Marvel. Upscaled blu's look pretty damn good, he'll even upscaled dvd's are not bad.

What player did you go with?

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
:beli: what BS, the digital copy for TF isn't Ultraviolet

got me downloading this shyt since i can't stream it via Vudu.

Yeah man I woke up one day and they were selling it for 19. Only reason I copped it. The next day it was back to 30 or 35

You lucky, I was reading about that in the comments section of the page. I preodered it before hand so I was stuck w/ that 30+ price.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
n89w5revpwj3pb6e1yd7.jpg

I'm only on 15 4K blu's myself selection is very limited, however the picture quality on some them is :ohlawd:. Weird ass movie but Lucy is just fukking flawless. All we need is more studios on board, ahem Disney/Marvel. Upscaled blu's look pretty damn good, he'll even upscaled dvd's are not bad.

What player did you go with?
I went with the Samsung one. It was half off. Though I had to buy an adapter for my old analog speakers. I only have The Revenant 4K. Nothing more I really want. Though I kinda want The Peanuts Movie just for demo purposes.

I truly think the format will not take off. Most people have gone digital for movies if they even cop them at all.

And most 4K viewing will be done via streaming Netflix and/or Amazon shows.

Plus the different specifications of HDR and whether or not this or that TV has "true HDR"

It's a niche of a niche format.

Though I hear this fall season some catalog titles may be released. But I have no interest in the majority of the movies currently on the format.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I went with the Samsung one. It was half off. Though I had to buy an adapter for my old analog speakers. I only have The Revenant 4K. Nothing more I really want. Though I kinda want The Peanuts Movie just for demo purposes.

I truly think the format will not take off. Most people have gone digital for movies if they even cop them at all.

And most 4K viewing will be done via streaming Netflix and/or Amazon shows.

Plus the different specifications of HDR and whether or not this or that TV has "true HDR"

It's a niche of a niche format.

Though I hear this fall season some catalog titles may be released. But I have no interest in the majority of the movies currently on the format.

Samsung now has some competition with the new 4K players coming in at $250/ $300, that's a good deal you got.

I'm hoping the 4K format will pick up speed, although it is uncertain without the hit titles, studio support, and ultimately consumer adaptability. I agree with you, it is a niche market. I don't work in the electronics industry anymore (I do keep informed) I can only imagine it's a hard sell to some customers considering the cost of all the compatible hardware between the tv, player, and proper avr.

The avr's for audio beyond 7.1 channels are still pricey for those that offer that feature, along with trying to sell people on buying more speakers, wires, and suitable locations in their home. Then there is the sound format war of Dolby Atmos vs DTS:X vs Auro-3D.....niche market right now....

Streaming 4K is very convenient, as long as the speed and bandwidth are available.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Samsung now has some competition with the new 4K players coming in at $250/ $300, that's a good deal you got.

I'm hoping the 4K format will pick up speed, although it is uncertain without the hit titles, studio support, and ultimately consumer adaptability. I agree with you, it is a niche market. I don't work in the electronics industry anymore (I do keep informed) I can only imagine it's a hard sell to some customers considering the cost of all the compatible hardware between the tv, player, and proper avr.

The avr's for audio beyond 7.1 channels are still pricey for those that offer that feature, along with trying to sell people on buying more speakers, wires, and suitable locations in their home. Then there is the sound format war of Dolby Atmos vs DTS:X vs Auro-3D.....niche market right now....

Streaming 4K is very convenient, as long as the speed and bandwidth are available.
Yeah I know I need to step up my audio game.

My problem is also that a lot of these titles are not native 4K they are just movies shot in 2K that are upscaled. The Revenant was shot natively in 4k though

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I know I need to step up my audio game.

My problem is also that a lot of these titles are not native 4K they are just movies shot in 2K that are upscaled. The Revenant was shot natively in 4k though
65mm 70mm films will benefit. I'll more likely hop on board when those films starting coming out. Kinda surprised Lawrence of Arabia hasn't been released in 4K yet.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You sure that wasnt the movie collection? I got that from Amazon for that price last week and now it's back up to 79 on there

Nah it was the series. Had it in my cart like I normally do with stuff I plan to cop and it dropped to 49 on that specific day then went back to 59 and now I guess it's back to 79

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah it was the series. Had it in my cart like I normally do with stuff I plan to cop and it dropped to 49 on that specific day then went back to 59 and now I guess it's back to 79
ok
The series is at 59 still and the Stardate collection(film collection) is back to 79.