Reppin
P.G. County
how did i miss this breh? comes out tuesday

51713_large.jpg

Wow :obama:. Too bad Tuesday is either gears of war day or madden day

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Jesus. Just walked around Best Buy attempting to preorder the Mad Max steelbook(no luck)and I could not find the blu-ray aisle because it was so small. 2 rows only.

How long until we get phased out for digital or can only buy blurays online brehs?
@MartyMcFly @HHR @blazn101

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Jesus. Just walked around Best Buy attempting to preorder the Mad Max steelbook(no luck)and I could not find the blu-ray aisle because it was so small. 2 rows only.

How long until we get phased out for digital or can only buy blurays online brehs?

It's still going to be a while. The thing that still shocks me is the prevalence of DVDs. People drop a G on a new set, then grab an SD movie to watch on it lol

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It's still going to be a while. The thing that still shocks me is the prevalence of DVDs. People drop a G on a new set, then grab an SD movie to watch on it lol
Reminds me of my bro in law. Always splurging on gadgets and he went digital but buys the SD for his huge tv :scust:

UHD coming this Christmas. Its gonna bomb i think seeing as how many DVDs make up amazons best seller list. Supposedly DVD still has 70% market share

Last edited:

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
Anyone cop the Edge of Tomorrow Bluray when it came out? This is probably a noob question to ask but does it have nice "Making Of" features? I don't watch many blurays these days but I'm always interested in seeing how my favorite films put together.

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest

I think we will still have them, kind of like VHS, but in a few years it will be all about blurays. And then that will fade..

showtime

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think we will still have them, kind of like VHS, but in a few years it will be all about blurays. And then that will fade..

Don't worry about it, all digtal media will not occur in our lifetime. We are not that technologically advanced yet, but the seeds have been planted. Itunes is 10X more popular than Vudu and look at all the people that still buy cd's.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Reminds me of my bro in law. Always splurging on gadgets and he went digital but buys the SD for his huge tv :scust:

UHD coming this Christmas. Its gonna bomb i think seeing as how many DVDs make up amazons best seller list. Supposedly DVD still has 70% market share
Where has it been confirmed UHD is coming out this holiday?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

@MartyMcFly
@HHR
@blazn101

:dwillhuh: Is just me or has the window between the digital release of new movies and Blu-ray/DVD release has gotten even wider?

The "Entourage" movie is available to buy right now digitally. But I just checked Blu-ray.com and the Blu-ray release doesn't come out till September 29th. The Window used to only be 2 weeks, now it's over a month.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
@MartyMcFly
@HHR
@blazn101

:dwillhuh: Is just me or has the window between the digital release of new movies and Blu-ray/DVD release has gotten even wider?

The "Entourage" movie is available to buy right now digitally. But I just checked Blu-ray.com and the Blu-ray release doesn't come out till September 29th. The Window used to only be 2 weeks, now it's over a month.
Window has been weird overall lately. For a good year and a half or so physical would be out in 3 months sometimes less. Now some movies are taking longer. Cinderellas 6 months. Furious 7 is 5 and a half

Digital used to always be 3 weeks early then some had it as 2 weeks and now you say its 4 :mindblown:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Window has been weird overall lately. For a good year and a half or so physical would be out in 3 months sometimes less. Now some movies are taking longer. Cinderellas 6 months. Furious 7 is 5 and a half

Digital used to always be 3 weeks early then some had it as 2 weeks and now you say its 4 :mindblown:

I'm gonna assume the movies that taking longer to release on on Blu-ray/DVD are movies that aree big internationally, so the studios are holding off the Home Video release because it's having a longer theatrical run.

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Yea with this Amazon fire stick I see the new movies a week after it comes out..
Been watching Mad Max so much when I get the Bluray might only watch it once..
Was trying to wait but it's just taking so long..:damn:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Yea with this Amazon fire stick I see the new movies a week after it comes out..
Been watching Mad Max so much when I get the Bluray might only watch it once..
Was trying to wait but it's just taking so long..:damn:
its taking all of my self control to not buy mad max digitally on amazon prime, I think I'm gonna cave in soon :mjcry: