What’s going on with Will Smith brehs?

Colin X

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
Suicide squad is the highest grossing film of his career.

And bright is on Netflix.

I get what you’re sayin, but I’m talkin more from a critical standpoint.

I remember growing up and Will was THAT guy.

Now you see his name in a movie and you gotta wonder how bad it’ll be :mjcry:

But we all still go watch tho:wow:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

Ahhh..got cha.

I blame after earth..it was the biggest mistake of his career and he hasn't been right since. I think that movie being such a failure critically and commercially shook him.

He started trying chasing Oscars as well in pandering ass roles.

I did like Focus personally.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
He's a great success story and I'm happy for him.

BUT..he's a limited actor. He thought the faux-Nigerian accent was enough to get him an Oscar nom. for Concussion, and when it didn't ,he hid behind his wife throwing darts.

He won't see the best scripts first anymore..won't be the first choice for the hottest projects. He hasn't come to terms with that yet and is still chasing hits.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
He's a great success story and I'm happy for him.

BUT..he's a limited actor. He thought the faux-Nigerian accent was enough to get him an Oscar nom. for Concussion, and when it didn't ,he hid behind his wife throwing darts.

He won't see the best scripts first anymore..won't be the first choice for the hottest projects. He hasn't come to terms with that yet and is still chasing hits.
/Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Let's examine that breh:

Bad Boys was no critical darling. Independence Day wasn't a critical darling. It was a big hit movie. Men in Black was a critical darling and a hit so point there. Enemy of the State was also fondly received. Then you get Wild Wild West, which was a bomb all the way around. Ali got a tepid response critically. Men in Black 2 got shytted on. Bad Boys 2 was a hit but also got shytted on but was a hit, I Robot got a tepid response critically ( I love it tho)Hitch got a tepid response but also made a ton of money.

Pursuit of Hapyness obviously did its thing, I Am Legend a good response and made a lot of money in the process, Hancock got shytted on, seven pounds got shytted on, and the best thing people said about men in black 3 was, "at least it isn't men in black 2" and then we've got suicide squad, collateral beauty, focus, and concussion. From a critical standpoint, Will's been hit or miss since his career started. But since they always did huge box office and were crowd pleasers, shyt really didn't matter. He's never been that dude critically, even if his performances are rarely knocked.