What's everyone's verdict on Nioh?

AyyyLmao

All Star
Daps
Nioh_350x200_3x-0.jpg

There isn't much talk on this forum about this game. What's everyone's opinion? :jbhmm:

I've been playing it for a while, and I actually think it might be better than any FromSoftware game that's not DS1. The combat is definitely better, in my mind. The only thing that kinda bothers me about it is the self-insert cac protagonist in a Japanese samurai game. That shyt is lame af, just make the MC Asian :hhh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The combat is better thats about it.

I hate how the loot system is and they didn’t fix it for part 2. I find it kind of blonde story/lore wise. I bought both of them and i always have fun for the first 10-12 hours and get burnt out or bored afterward

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
Played the first one earlier this year, but didn’t finish it. Combat was the highlight for me as well. Like what was already said, game is long, and the lack of variety in enemies and levels makes the game feel more tedious as it goes on. I pretty much got burned out trying to do everything and lost interest in finishing it.

I did get Nioh 2 for a gift afterwards and played that for a lil. Unfortunately, it looked like more of the same and even reused enemies from the first one which was a disappointment. Still like the series overall and will pick the second one back up a lil later.

Still prefer the FromSoftware games.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
It's technically better than any Souls game combat wise. But graphically/artistically not as desirable, and often too long. Also the mission structure is less interesting, people like the big interconnected map of DS and it's not there in Nioh.

Good game but people generally like it less than Soulsborne games

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
copped on steam sale a while back and im not done with it but its definitely fun. i dont like the over abundance of loot. so much useless bullshyt be droppin :scust:

AyyyLmao

All Star
Daps
Beat both games and if you can beat Nioh you can pretty much beat any game.

IDK about that one, breh. I've been beating Nioh so far without too much trouble, but Sekiro kicked my ass so bad that I stopped playing :lolbron:. The boss who gave me the most trouble in Nioh was Hino-enma. She killed me like 22 times straight.

Torenko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Central
Nioh 2 is my GOTY so far. Didn't like how it was more of the same, so I did get burnt out on it kinda fast around release, but got back into it a few months ago and been going iiin on the endgame shyt.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nioh 2 probably has the best combat out of all the Soulslike Genre giving me Ninja Gaiden vibes.

But it lacks the artistic design, polish, level design, and style of Dark Souls, Bloodborne, or Sekiro..

Still I haven’t had as much fun playing a game since MHW though.