What's better True Detective Season 2 or 3?

Shaman

Poet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QC
Wish we could’ve got a full season of Saulnier directing. Sackheim did his thing, but them first two episodes just had that glow.

Yeah, those first two episodes of S3 felt special. Saulnier definitely would have elevated the rest of the season if he was given the reins...at the very least, we wouldn't have gotten those clumsily executed episodes Pizzolatto directed. Imagine that shootout in his hands :wow:

Saulnier was actually supposed to direct the first three episodes, but, of course, he exited the project because of the difficulty of working with Pizzolatto

Cowboyz89

#WeDemBoyz Season Has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Fukk Trump
Season two is the GOAT season for me...and that's no surprise really, better cinematography, writing, and story, however, Ali killed the acting and 3....hell, they all did, even Stephen Dorf which was a huge surprise from me.

Season 3 - Better acting, Season 2 - Better everything else.
Youre legitimately the first person ive seen that really likes season 2.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Youre legitimately the first person ive seen that really likes season 2.

A more grittier/realistic touch. It mimicked the very realistic dealings vs cop and mobster, specifically, cartels. Nobody is perfect, and the overarching theme is addiction and lose. Farrell, proved again, that he's not just a silly one-shot actor. And Vaughn played his part convincingly, Frank was easily my fav character of the entire show right next to Mcconaughey's. But that's what I enjoyed about season 2, you aren't watching two rockstars go at being detectives, or even a super genius who just happens to get old/dementia. You're dealing with a very bitter-sweet season. If you're gonna go out, go out on your own terms, and that's what made me love season 2.

Jermio

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2, easily. 3 had good acting, but the plot was wack. I don't really understand the overpraise of S1, either. The first 4 episodes were amazing of S1, but it went off the rails; frankly I thought S2 was overall the best season even though it didn't have the highs of S1.