What's better True Detective Season 2 or 3?

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Season 3 had Carmen Ejogo, and I liked both Detective leads

I think it jumped around too much and I got confused

And towards the end I got bored like just show me who the fukk who did it. It didn't flow well.

Season 2, been a long time. I didn't understand it but I liked it. And it had better cinematography.

Season 2 looked like some ABC shyt sometimes

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
It sucks that the writing for the second season was so convoluted because there really were some moments of greatness in there. The Eyes Wide Shut-esque craziness at the mansion, Velcoro’s dream sequence, the hard-boiled noir feel, and those beautiful aerial sky shots over Vinci with the score. Farrell did some carrying as far as acting went.

Third season was a nice return to form along with stronger writing, so I’ll favor that one. First season is one of the best seasons of a TV show ever but each one has its own different charm that I appreciate.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
It sucks that the writing for the second season was so convoluted because there really were some moments of greatness in there. The Eyes Wide Shut-esque craziness at the mansion, Velcoro’s dream sequence, and those beautiful aerial sky shots over Vinci with the score. Farrell did some carrying as far as acting went.

Third season was a nice return to form along with stronger writing, so I’ll favor that one.
Yeah, Season 2 had more memorable moments

Season 3 got slow and drawn out, but I loved the characters

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Season 2 might be one of the worst follow ups to a show debut ever. I felt like a detective trying to figure out that convoluted and dense plot.

Season 3 was slow but it never felt like it dragged.

Tim2520

Staying Alive
Daps
Reppin
Nyc
Coming off season 1, season 2 was a huge let down, I never got around to season 3

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Season 2 had the better finale for sure. Even better than season 1.

I didn't care for season 3. The whole dead wife talking to him shyt was dumb. But I can see how most thought it was better.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Season two is the GOAT season for me...and that's no surprise really, better cinematography, writing, and story, however, Ali killed the acting and 3....hell, they all did, even Stephen Dorf which was a huge surprise from me.

Season 3 - Better acting, Season 2 - Better everything else.

I'll go with this. I was lucky in some way of seeing S2 a long time after S1 so I didn't really judge it by comparing to S1 (which for me is the GOAT season), and I enjoyed it more than S3, despite Ali.