What’s a cartoon you never got into as a kid?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Ren and Stimpy was always :scust: to me

People swear by Reboot :hubie: I could never get into it
enzo-vs-megabyte-megabyte.gif

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Naw
Johnny Bravo, Dexters Lab, Powerpuff Girls, those set it off for Cartoon Network originals
That’s not what I was saying. You could make an argument for Billy and Mandy, but Cartoon Cartoon Fridays didn’t launch until 1999 and shows like Courage, EE&E were a part of the original line-up alongside the ones you just mentioned.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ren and Stimpy
Aah Real Monsters
Wild Thornberrys
Danny Phantom
Eek the Cat
Sonic SatAM

I honestly don't even remember Eek the Cat or Sonic SatAM from when I was a kid. I only remember the Adventures of Sonic which came on weekday afternoons. I watched Wild Thornberrys when it came on but it was always "The other show by the people who made Rugrats" to me, and Danny Phantom was always "The other show by the guy who made Fairly Oddparents."

I also never got into shows like Batman Beyond, Reboot, Gargoyles and even Samurai Jack and Teen Titans until I got older.

Last edited:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ren and Stimpy was always :scust: to me

People swear by Reboot :hubie: I could never get into it

I watched Reboot back when it was on ABC on Saturday mornings (before Disney bought ABC and canceled it), but I didn't see the last two seasons that came on Cartoon Network until years later.

Halfway through season two the show makes a massive tonal shift and it gets :wow:. The animation aged like shyt which is to be expected, but the writing still holds up.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Rugrats

edit: spongbob - even thought I got on it as an adult, wasn't something I grew up watching.

Yeah 99' I was pretty much off cartoons by then expect: recess and scooby doo and the simpsons

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dragon Tales and Cyberchase.

Once Arthur went off I was :camby:. Time to watch Cartoon Network or some shyt.

Side note, the series finale of Arthur airs tomorrow. :mjcry: PBS Kids has had an Arthur marathon all weekend leading up to it.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
He-man, it was a trash cartoon. Like all the Filmation products. I don't get how it got so much love when there were dozens of better 80s cartoons. I was a cartoon junkie as a kid, He-man was way down on my list.

Plus the toys sucked compared to GI Joe and Transformers.