Whatever happened to the planned Mansa Musa movie?

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
MischievousMonkey said:
Ancient Egyptian civilization is the most influential in human history.

Mesopotamian civilization was.​

It influenced Egyptian, Greek, Roman, etc.​

Read The East Face of Helicon by Martin Litchfield West and 1177 B.C.: The Year Civilization Collapsed by Eric H. Cline.​

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It was spoken about two years ago and then never mentioned again. It’s not on his roster production roster for 2020(even before COVID-19) or 2021. It was talked about like it was one of his projects he had lined up after BP.

That does not mean it's not being planned, Jordan talked about wanting to make more black historical films, he mentioned Hannibal, Mansa Musa and the Egyptians, people took that and ran with the notion a Mansa Musa film would happen soon after Black Panther.

Last edited:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Imagine a world where Oprah and Tyler Perry used their wealth for good
:blessed:
They would fund it if Mansa Musa became an African empress with a blonde blue eyed Swedish husband who sold black men into slavery. In fact such a script would have all of Hollywood lining up to fund it :mjlol:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Mesopotamian civilization was.​

It influenced Egyptian, Greek, Roman, etc.​

Read The East Face of Helicon by Martin Litchfield West and 1177 B.C.: The Year Civilization Collapsed by Eric H. Cline.​
Will do. In which ways did Mesopotamia influence Ancient Egypt though?

Was the relationship as strong as Egypt with Greece? I don't know so I doubt it.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
MischievousMonkey said:
Will do. In which ways did Mesopotamia influence Ancient Egypt though?

Was the relationship as strong as Egypt with Greece? I don't know so I doubt it.

Mesopotamian civilization influenced Egypt's theological, administrative, and legislative understanding as well as it's literature. The relationship was a lot stronger and lasted longer than Egypt and Greece until they were all 'invaded' by the 'Sea People' which precipitated the total collapse of the 'Known World' at the time which extended from present-day Afghanistan to present-day Spain. The only civilization that survived was Egypt, but it was severely weakened.​

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The same reason why my company raised a half a million so far this year and probably 10 million within the next two years. Because hollywood has a defacto boycott on any black civilization of antiquity. 35 years+ now without a single hollywood budget.

BrownBunny

All Star
Daps
Yeah. That brownbunny nikka tries ducking Everytime he's called out on his own words. Makes me wonder who is really behind that keyboard
I’m a girl and I’ve already given several receipts and I’ve never ducked down on anything as I’ve never said anything antiBlack. If we’re talking about territory conquered, the Egyptians are not the greatest empire of all time. Black pride doesn’t mean complete delusion. Why get in your feelings about that?
:stopitslime:

Last edited:

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
I’m a girl and I’ve already given several receipts and I’ve never ducked down on anything as I’ve never said anything antiBlack. If we’re talking about territory conquered, the Egyptians are not the greatest empire of all time. Black pride doesn’t mean complete delusion. Why get in your feelings about that?
:stopitslime:
Instead of writing a paragraph to me reiterating a point I already agree with. Why don't you elaborate on the question the other poster I quoted asked.