Whatever happened to the planned Mansa Musa movie?

BrownBunny

All Star
Daps
What would be the plot of the movie?
His life?

Actors with a better look for the part than Michael B. Jordan:

Various ages
MV5BMzAwNDEyNTc3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTEzMzc1MTI@._V1_.jpg

20120531122424_00002.jpg

nycc-the-purge-derek-luke-01.jpg

chiwetel-ejiofor-7.jpg

idris.jpg

Last edited:

BrownBunny

All Star
Daps
Maybe it's still being planned, did you expect them to drop it a week after it was spoken about?
It was spoken about two years ago and then never mentioned again. It’s not on his roster production roster for 2020(even before COVID-19) or 2021. It was talked about like it was one of his projects he had lined up after BP.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
mansa-musa-1-640x378.jpg
The one that Ryan Coogler was supposed to direct? Is it still getting made? I remember there being press on it before Black Panther.
:gucci:

Coogler is the perfect director, the only problem is that he wanted Michael B. Jordan for the role. :patrice:

This are the kind of movies that should be getting made instead of gang and Tyler Perry bullshyt

A good flick would create greater pride and interest in West African history rather than the lame hyper fixation on Ancient Egypt.

What would be the plot? They ever speak on it?

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Meh... They'll likely butcher him anyway. That's what Hollywood does.

I am well aware, it was a joke. I do think you’re overrating Egypt though. Outside of the structures that were built in Egypt, there are many empires to be placed above it.
Ancient Egyptian civilization is the most influential in human history. Gave Greeks a culture to run with -> Greeks to Romans -> to the world as we know. That's probably part of the reason that some people latch on to it.

Even though I agree that there is much much more to African history than Egypt, it's still part of most of black people's history and lineage.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
mansa-musa-1-640x378.jpg
The one that Ryan Coogler was supposed to direct? Is it still getting made? I remember there being press on it before Black Panther.
:gucci:

Coogler is the perfect director, the only problem is that he wanted Michael B. Jordan for the role. :patrice:

This are the kind of movies that should be getting made instead of gang and Tyler Perry bullshyt

A good flick would create greater pride and interest in West African history rather than the lame hyper fixation on Ancient Egypt.

Not going say lame fixation with Egyptian history :whoa:

However, I 100% agree we need that mega-production West African historical jawn(s).

I know Hanibal is North African, but still waiting for that movie. However, Hanibal was North African before the interbreeding that created North African Arabs. The last I heard they had Vin Diesel in the role :patrice:

Last edited: