Whatever Happened to Danny Glover's Toussaint Louverture Film?

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
But if they SO BADLY want a "white savoir", then Danny Glover can do a "twist" like MOST historical films do. Like say there were some whites helping the revolution and one of the main characters were white. I mean thats if Glover desperately wants the movie to get green lighted.

Also he can be historically accurate with the "white savoir", because the Polish betrayed the French and helped the rebels(which is why Polish people are granted free citizenship to Haiti till this day), but iirc that is way after Toussaint.

He could probably fit all of that in the movie if it's more about the Haitian Revolution and not just follow Toussaint L'Overture but have POVs of all the key players on the Haitian side.

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
How much do power do you think these Black celebrities have if in Hollywood if no one is even trying to put up the money to see these films made? You're telling me Denzel, Will, Oprah, Tyler, Spike, John Singleton, etc couldn't put up the capital to fund this? Something doesn't seem right.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
who was suppose to play toussiant? if it was glover no wonder he couldnt get the money for it

J-Nice

Supporter
Daps
i mean if it was elba then maybe people would of warmed up to it more

Elba would make a great Jaqcue Dessalines. But the cast involved was top notch. You had Don Cheadle, Angela Bassett, Chiewetel Ejifor, John Rhys Myers etc. All of whom are top notch actors. I truly believe this movie could have been one of those that does well at the box office as well as the Oscars.

Last edited:

aa_2001

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But if they SO BADLY want a "white savoir", then Danny Glover can do a "twist" like MOST historical films do. Like say there were some whites helping the revolution and one of the main characters were white. I mean thats if Glover desperately wants the movie to get green lighted.

Also he can be historically accurate with the "white savoir", because the Polish betrayed the French and helped the rebels(which is why Polish people are granted free citizenship to Haiti till this day), but iirc that is way after Toussaint.
That would b*stardize the film and the story. If Danny Glover was willing to make a compromise like that then I don't think he would be passionate about this project in the first place.

J-Nice

Supporter
Daps

They wasn't tryin to get blackballed
62FB6602-5580-4932-BA2F-99D6E9485FEF_zpsmpsypmgu.png