Whatever Happened to Danny Glover's Toussaint Louverture Film?

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
They need to have one on Jean-Jacques Dessalines

man, if a Touissant L'Ouverture film couldn't get greenlighted due to "lack of while people", hollywood ain't gonna let them make a movie about a man who paraded ripped out white baby fetuses on pikes down the streets of Port au Prince.

The fukkery if that shyt does get made tho :wow:

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
To be honest I really hope "black Hollywood" in Atlanta picks up and becomes something big, but more importantly I hope it diversifies in films and not just the typical Tyler Perry like films. Slowly starting to see it though.

If it isn't black owned and ran, then expect nothing but the same kind of movies, with black faces, white saviors, and the same old story lines.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
They would NEVER allow it. Dessalines gave ZERO fukks and was sonning Cacs something serious.

Indeed. But more importantly a Haitian revolution film would be ANTI-Western. I think it has less to do about not having a white savoir and more to do about it will be showing the West in a negative/antagonist light.

But who knows??? Didn't one of the Assassins Creed DLCs take place during the early stages of the Haitian revolution??? IIRC it was called Freedom Cry?

Heres some gameplay:

I mean a flipping video game can make a game set about the early slave rebellions of the Haitian revolution, but a movie can't???? In so called "Liberal" Hollywood?

J-Nice

Supporter
Daps
While were on the subject of historical films such as Toussaint, there was also some buzz about the Hannibal movie with Vin Diesel and Denzel Washington. That hasn't gained any traction either.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
While were on the subject of historical films such as Toussaint, there was also some buzz about the Hannibal movie with Vin Diesel and Denzel Washington. That hasn't gained any traction either.

Heck we can also throw in Will Smiths suppose "Last Pharaoh" movie which was suppose to be about King Taharqa war against the Assyrians. Yet we haven't heard a peep from that movie.

J-Nice

Supporter
Daps
Heck we can also throw in Will Smiths suppose "Last Pharaoh" movie which was suppose to be about King Taharqa war against the Assyrians. Yet we haven't heard a peep from that movie.
:ohhh:I forgot all about that. That would make for a compelling film as would the story of Taharqa rescuing Jerusalem. It's crazy how these stories can't greenlit, but yet we have to suffer with movies like the 300 sequel and immortals :mjcry:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
:ohhh:I forgot all about that. That would make for a compelling film as would the story of Taharqa rescuing Jerusalem. It's crazy how these stories can't greenlit, but yet we have to suffer with movies like the 300 sequel and immortals :mjcry:

I don't know why the Jews in Hollywood wouldn't greenlight it.

And also 300 is based off a fictional graphic novel, its not based off the actual Spartans/Persians.

J-Nice

Supporter
Daps
I don't know why the Jews in Hollywood wouldn't greenlight it.

And also 300 is based off a fictional graphic novel, its not based off the actual Spartans/Persians.

It makes sense to me. It has the potential for a great plot, dialogue, great character development, and not to mention potentially awesome action scenes and graphics. Thing is, they would have to make alot of them brothers black and brown and that's last thing they wanna do :mjpls:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
man, if a Touissant L'Ouverture film couldn't get greenlighted due to "lack of while people", hollywood ain't gonna let them make a movie about a man who paraded ripped out white baby fetuses on pikes down the streets of Port au Prince.

The fukkery if that shyt does get made tho :wow:

Don't know why US is afraid to make the movie. It was mostly French cacs getting that ether. :yeshrug:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
But if they SO BADLY want a "white savoir", then Danny Glover can do a "twist" like MOST historical films do. Like say there were some whites helping the revolution and one of the main characters were white. I mean thats if Glover desperately wants the movie to get green lighted.

Also he can be historically accurate with the "white savoir", because the Polish betrayed the French and helped the rebels(which is why Polish people are granted free citizenship to Haiti till this day), but iirc that is way after Toussaint.