Whatever Happened to Danny Glover's Toussaint Louverture Film?

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
There hasn't been any news concerning the film in years and there isn't even so much as a peep about the film on Danny Glover's own website http://www.louverturefilms.com/ss/home It's sad to think about the amount of hype that surrounded this film and the potential it had to tell a worthwhile story, only for it to be shelved because potential financiers couldn't market the idea of a white savior. I wonder what kind of progress Glover has made so far in getting the film made.

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
Did he leverage crowdsourcing at all for this?

There must be at least 1 million conscious Afrikans in the U.S. who have access to the internet and who could donate at least $1 each :wow: This is a worthwhile project.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
He couldn't get the funding. Shame really. I was really looking forward to it

It's a shame really. Wonder why none of his Hollywood buddies couldn't help him out on this one.

Its ridiculous really. People like Oprah and Tyler Perry will back some soft bullshyt like The Butler and not a real hero's story like this one.

J-Nice

Supporter
Daps
Its ridiculous really. People like Oprah and Tyler Perry will back some soft bullshyt like The Butler and not a real hero's story like this one.

It makes you wonder if all of the money they have comes with strings attached. You're telling me, you couldn't find any groups in "Black Hollywood" that were willing to help fund this film? It really sounds like an Emmit Mchenry type of situation.

J-Nice

Supporter
Daps
One of the women in his organization is married to a Rockefeller :wow: