What would you say the main ADOS religion?

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
If you mean, Afram "religion" in its totality:

african rooted

51Vcx4VzI-L._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

afro-new world hybrid

417eu-nAblL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

9781591859086-us.jpg

512CRSndHeL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

black nationalist rooted

noi-logo.jpg

51V4GDNByZL._SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_.jpg

DrewAliTitlePage.jpg

5%20percent.jpg
You out the Prophet in there .:salute:

Ty Daniels

All Star
Daps
Do you think the African influence played a large factor? I practice Santeria and a lot of those Baptist worship services look like our Tamboure's .

I think it was a combo of African Influence(From Different Ethnic Groups), as well as "Homegrown" in America.

There is a "Spirit" that exists in the Black American Church, that I don't see in other Churches.

it's hard to explain, but If you've ever been in one, and especially if you were raised in one (Like I was), you can pick up on it.

There is also Black American "Church Culture", and ways that "Church Folks" do and say things, that is unique.

The way the Organ sounds, when the player hits those chords, that are unique to us.

The way "Sister Jenkins", sings a Solo in the Choir that may be a little "Out of tune", and the older Ladies, in the front pew tell her to...
"Take Your Time" and "Bless Her Jesus", LOL

Those "Invisible Beats" in between Claps, the "Double Clap", and "Triple Clap", the "Choir Sway" that we do, the "Call and Response".

I was raised in the Black Church so for me it feels like "Home".

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
The one forced on us by cacs obviously. Most black people were pagans and animists before cacs came into the picture

Ty Daniels

All Star
Daps
The one forced on us by cacs obviously. Most black people were pagans and animists before cacs came into the picture

Many of us came over to America as Muslim, many with Traditional African Religions, and from what I've seen from previous studies some of us were Jewish. I wouldn't be surprised if some of us were already Christian as well.

There are many lies about the position(s) we were in as people before slavery.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Baptist, Methodist.....or Nation of Islam & Black Israelite :troll:
You being funny, but Idk. I recently came across this article

The only available statistics on Israelite identification in the United States were collected as part of a small national survey conducted by an evangelical Christian research firm in 2019. For that survey, which sought to capture African-American attitudes toward the state of Israel, Lifeway Research asked 1,019 African Americans, “Which of the following best describes your opinion of Black Hebrew Israelite teachings?”

Most respondents (62%) said they are not familiar with the teachings, but 19% said they agree with “most of the core ideas taught by Black Hebrew Israelites,” and 4% said they consider themselves Hebrew Israelites. The remaining 15% said they either “firmly oppose” the teachings or disagree with most of them. (The survey did not specify what those teachings are.)

That's damn near 25%.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
:patrice: "Black people" maybe? ADOS specifically, Idk.

@IllmaticDelta :jbhmm:

“I did a talk a few years ago at Harvard where I played those two things, and the room absolutely exploded in clapping, because [the connection] was obvious,” says Diouf, an author and scholar who is also a researcher at New York’s Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture. “People were saying, ‘Wow. That’s really audible. It’s really there.’” It’s really there thanks to all the Muslim slaves from West Africa who were taken by force to the United States for three centuries, from the 1600’s to the mid-1800’s. Upward of 30 percent of the African slaves in the United States were Muslim, and an untold number of them spoke and wrote Arabic, historians say now. Despite being pressured by slave owners to adopt Christianity and give up their old ways, many of these slaves continued to practice their religion and customs, or otherwise melded traditions from Africa into their new environment in the antebellum South. Forced to do menial, backbreaking work on plantations, for example, they still managed, throughout their days, to voice a belief in God and the revelation of the Qur’an. These slaves’ practices eventually evolved—decades and decades later, parallel with different singing traditions from Africa—into the shouts and hollers that begat blues music, Diouf and other historians believe.

Saudi Aramco World : Muslim Roots, U.S. Blues

xA0B5kV.jpg

IWEtUyd.jpg

4ccSqLM.jpg

5TqtFq4.jpg

g4eH14s.jpg

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Well, we have inherent carryover from our ancestors' spiritual practices. Like everything else about us, we retained what we could and applied it to our new environment and made something unique.

The frenzy spirit you see in the Pentecostal/Holiness/Sanctified church/church music goes back to the african-based, Ring Shout

3jr8MO8.jpg

mWILIBA.jpg

The immediate impetus for the development of this new, energetic, and distinctly black gospel music seems to have been the rise of Pentecostal churches at the end of the 19th century. Pentecostal shouting is related to speaking in tongues and to circle dances of African origin. Recordings of Pentecostal preachers’ sermons were immensely popular among black Americans in the 1920s, and recordings of them along with their choral and instrumental accompaniment and congregational participation persisted, so that ultimately black gospel reached the white audience as well. The voice of the black gospel preacher was affected by black secular performers and vice versa. Taking the scriptural direction “Let everything that breathes praise the Lord” (Psalm 150), Pentecostal churches welcomed tambourines, pianos, organs, banjos, guitars, other stringed instruments, and some brass into their services. Choirs often featured the extremes of female vocal range in call-and-response counterpoint with the preacher’s sermon. Improvised recitative passages, melismatic singing (singing of more than one pitch per syllable), and an extraordinarily expressive delivery also characterize black gospel music.

gospel music | Definition, Artists, & Facts