What would 2005-2006 Kobe average today with that same squad?

What would 2005 Kobe average today?

• 30-33pts

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • 33-55pts

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • 35-38pts

Votes: 34 32.4%
  • 39-42pts

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • 42-45pts

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • 45pts+

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • He just a DeRozan with a look in his eyes

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Buckeyes 1st loser, Saban's biatch

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You waited a week to post this?

You a cac for not knowing The Boondocks. It was a part of late 2000s blacl culture. The Uncle Ruckus even achieved cross over fame. You a clown for trying to deny it.

Now spend another 6 days thinking up of a lame response.

some of us have lives outside of the coli.:laugh: i responded as soon as i read your post.

and i never said i didnt know about the boondocks. you keep pushing that narrative because you have no leg to stand on.
nor did i say that it wasnt a part of black culture.'

im saying the idea that it was a must-know show that the vast majority of black people watched - is f*ckin laughable, and it just further proves that you need to log off. youre too caught up in the internet.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Says the guy with 1,000 more posts than me even though we joined this site at essentially the same time.

Try again cac.

it takes mere seconds for me to drop a post.

meanwhile, youre the one sitting around wondering why i havnt responded in a week.:laugh:

dudes like you be on here 24/7, passing on threads because you dont want your post count to be higher than it is.

:beli:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
meanwhile, youre the one sitting around wondering why i havnt responded in a week.

No. I totally forgot about you. I'm used to owning nikkas on this site in arguments and seeing them run off never to respond again to my ass whippings. I assumed you did the same. Then surprisingly you keep bumping this thread back up after its disappeared off the front page for a week. It only caught me off guard. That's all.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
No. I totally forgot about you. I'm used to owning nikkas on this site in arguments and seeing them run off never to respond again to my ass whippings. I assumed you did the same. Then surprisingly you keep bumping this thread back up after its disappeared off the front page for a week. It only caught me off guard. That's all.

okay?? can i go now??:mjlol:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
If Bradley beal can get you 35
Bradley Beal and James Harden avg 35-37 in this era period......
Bradley Beal doesn’t have a fraction of Kobes scoring ability and that’s not stopping him from getting 35 a night.
That’s what’s hilarious. Bradley is better at nothing than Kobe and he’s averaging 35. Dudes are nuts.
fukking pathetic Beadley Beal and James Harden avg 35-37 in this era
If Beal is getting 35 Kobe is getting 40 at least imo
Didn't I tell y'all why that was an AWFUL argument? :francis:

Why do people keep relying on that shyt as if Bradley Beal's career high isn't 30ppg? :mjlol:

They never quote what Steph, Dame, KD, LeBron, Kyrie, or all the other great scorers are averaging. They won't even use a full season from Beal. They ONLY mention one 20-game stretch of Beal as if no one else exists.
Beal is averaging 33ppg in 20 games and that will continue to drop. He's never averaged more than 30.6ppg for a season.

Jerry Stackhouse averaged 30ppg in 2001 and he was worse than Beal at literally everything.

Beal is down to 31ppg for the season, just like I said was inevitable. He's looking to finish the season on par with other legendary seasons like Rick Barry's 35ppg in 1967, Tiny Archibald's 33ppg in 1974, World B. Free's 30ppg in 1980, Kiki Vandeweghe's 30ppg in 1984, and Jerry Stackhouse's 30ppg in 2001.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Didn't I tell y'all why that was an AWFUL argument? :francis:

Beal is down to 31ppg for the season, just like I said was inevitable. He's looking to finish the season on par with other legendary seasons like Rick Barry's 35ppg in 1967, Tiny Archibald's 33ppg in 1974, World B. Free's 30ppg in 1980, Kiki Vandeweghe's 30ppg in 1984, and Jerry Stackhouse's 30ppg in 2001.
You mean Russel Westbrook returned to form? What point are you making? The premise was if Kobe was on that trash ass team what would he be doing? Westbrook is better than like 3 of those starters put together.

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
that roster was not bad for 2006.

hero ball is dead, unless your jumper is really wet, and kobe's J was not like that.

he would have to let odom and the young guys cook. otherwise, its just struggle ball again.

EDIT: i forgot this is the coli. i'll prolly get banned for actually talking basketball.

lol Kobe’s J was wet as fukk fym

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
call someone a "white boy" or a "crakka" because they dont dikkride kobe bryant of all people.
at least save these silly comebacks for when the topic is based around an actual pro-black athlete.

chit like this is how we know that the main people throwing around terms like "crakka" on here, are really white themselves.
especially in your case, cuz only a lil white kid would name themselves "SWAGNIFICENT.":laugh:

kobe collapsed MULTIPLE TIMES in the playoffs himself.

he just had better teammates.

harden didnt have gasol & metta to bail him out. nor did he have the luxury of riding shaq's coat-tails.

stop besides shaq harden has had better teamates

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait, if you said Kobe's 35ppg in 2006 was the same as 50ppg today, then wouldn't Odom's 17ppg in 2004 be the same as 25+ppg today?

So by your own logic, Odom is a FAR better scorer than Wiggins or Oubre, dumbass.

And Wiggins had his career high of 23.6ppg in 2017, before the "freedom of movement" was instituted....but since that rule he's only averaged 19ppg. Doesn't that contradict all the shyt y'all have been claiming about the rule?

How could I "disappear" from whatever the pedophile's saying when the pedophile has been on ignore for months. :mjlol:

And I never "flip flopped" on the Luka vs. Bron convo. What is he even claiming?

in 05-06 odom only averaged 15. ppg and thats rounding up

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I see this an old thread but, I'd say 36-38ppg wouldn't be a stretch.

He might not go to the line quite as often but that would be replaced with far more 3 pointers.

There isn't any part of his skillset that couldn't be adapted to today's game and today's pace and wide open offenses would only help. He'd be burnt by the end of the season though. :francis:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
in 05-06 odom only averaged 15. ppg and thats rounding up
Not sure why you posted 2006, I was talking about 2004.

He said that Wiggins was a "past 24pg scorer". I pointed out that by his logic Odom was an even better past scorer.

Odom's scoring dropped from 2004 to 2006 only because his #1 was taking 27 shots/game. In the playoffs Odom was still a 19-20ppg guy, which by the logic of this thread means he'd be a 30ppg today, right?

Kobe having to only navigate the floor against 6'7 PFs and 6'9 Cs

42 ppg and that's being generous
On how many shots? It took Kobe 27+ fga and 10+ fta to get to 35, how many you think he's putting up to get to 42?

I see this an old thread but, I'd say 36-37ppg wouldn't be a stretch.

He might not go to the line quite as often but that would be replaced with far more 3 pointers.

There isn't any part of his skillset that couldn't be adapted to today's game and today's pace and wide open offenses would only help.
The biggest issue is that Kobe is a better and more natural 2pt shooter than he is a 3pt shooter. Also, his minutes would go down as much as his pace went up.

And one aspect of offense opening up and more defensive scheme flexibility is that fewer players dominate the shots. 2006 was a year when a ton of stars hit their career high or close to it, mostly because it was really common for a single player to dominate his team's shot attempts. In there era the ball gets spread around more because it's too easy for a defense to load up against a star if he's taking all the shots.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The biggest issue is that Kobe is a better and more natural 2pt shooter than he is a 3pt shooter. Also, his minutes would go down as much as his pace went up.

And one aspect of offense opening up and more defensive scheme flexibility is that fewer players dominate the shots. 2006 was a year when a ton of stars hit their career high or close to it, mostly because it was really common for a single player to dominate his team's shot attempts. In there era the ball gets spread around more because it's too easy for a defense to load up against a star if he's taking all the shots.
Like I said, I have no doubt that Kobe would be able to adjust his shot selection to fit today's game. He was more than talented enough to do it.

Not only that, the offenses today place players in space to attack. There's more than enough iso opportunities these days for Kobe to put up 25-26 FGA today. If Harden put up 25FGA in 2019, no reason why Kobe couldn't.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Like I said, I have no doubt that Kobe would be able to adjust his shot selection to fit today's game. He was more than talented enough to do it.

Not only that, the offenses today place players in space to attack. There's more than enough iso opportunities these days for Kobe to put up 25-26 FGA today. If Harden put up 25FGA in 2019, no reason why Kobe couldn't.
I totally agree with 25-26 shots for 2006-style Kobe in today's game. Let's say they're split between 10 3pt and 15 2pt. Add in around 8 fta.

2006 Kobe shot 48% from 2pt. Let's bump that up to 50% (a # he only reached once in his entire career). 50% on 15 fga is 15ppg.
2006 Kobe shot 34.7% from 3pt. Let's bump up to 35% (a # he only reached twice his entire career). 35% on 10 3pta is 10.5ppg.
2006 Kobe shot 85.0% from ft. That's one of the top marks of his career, we'll leave it there. 85% on 8 fta is 6.8ppg.

Total that's....wait for it.....32.3ppg in the current era. Which I think is realistic considering he would be very unlikely to get 27 shots and 10 fts a game in this era.

I'm literally the first person in the thread to calculate that out, even though I've challenged people to do it 5-6 times. They're not coming up with realistic numbers based on actual figures, they're just telling us how they "feel" Kobe would score.