What was your most anticipated game/gaming moment...?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The OG Metal Gear Solid. I remember being playing thru that demo when I was like 12 or 13 and it was :wow:

Low key that might be the most classic demo ever. I was blown away, shyt was the first time I really felt like I was playing through a movie. Can't begin to say how hyped I was for the game.

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
GTA V :mjlol:

All that build up, the game underperformed

a lot of people thought Rockstar was saving San fierro and las venturas as a surprise

:francis:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Walking up to MewTwo in the cave in Pokémon Blue with a Master Ball :banderas:

ya I have a crazy moment attached to pokemon blue/red

me and my cousin (same one from the OP) and his brother all had one or the other or both...played that game like crazy...we all went to an official pokemon tournament in some small town in NJ along with another cousin of ours...the grand prize was an N64 and a pokemon stadium game which hadn’t been released yet

we get in town at night...and we didn’t make reservations so a lot of places were turning us down...in hindsight they probably just didn’t want to give a room to 4 black guys...ended up finding the seediest motel ever (no pun intended :hhh:) you could hear fukking coming from all the rooms...we got a room and slept on the floor using our backpacks as pillows lol...no one was gonna risk sleeping on that bed

anyway the tournament is the next day...I have my gameboy and the little link cable that allowed you to connect to another gameboy to battle someone in pokemon...thinking the tournament was gonna be ppl using their best pokemon against each other...but nope the tournament was going to be all attendees playing pokemon stadium for the first time ever...again a game that hadn’t been released yet...we all got our ass kicked early on...I think we were all eliminated within the first 30 minutes :mjlol::francis:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
GTA: Vice City and WWE Wrestlemania for N64 come to mind. I got Vice City for my birthday and had it preordered. charged kids at school 5 bucks for 30 minutes gametime

I remember literally limping thru the mall and having to stop every 5 minutes to pick up my preordered copy of vice city...this was back when games actually sold out...I just had surgery a couple days before and was supposed to be at home resting but I was determined to have that game lmao...digital games and prompt shipping from stores are godsend nowadays

Last edited:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
...for me it was probably the announcement of GTA III

...a couple years before GTA III...my cousin and I rented GTA2 (PS) on a whim...think it was a rent 2 get 1 extra deal at blockbuster...picked up 2 games which ironically I can’t remember and said fukk it and picked up GTA 2 cuz the cover looked interesting...eventually we started playing it and was initially disappointed it was a 2D game with a bird’s eye view but ended up playing the shyt all night and thought the game would be next level if they made a 3D version

...ffwd to the announcement of GTA III...called dude up and reminded him about GTA2 and told him they were making a sequel for the PS2...we both ended up getting PS2s that day in anticipation of the game lol

bro, funny thing about this, and how much more disconnected the world was back then, i didn’t even hear anything about gta3!

I found out about it by pure luck. Went over my best friend house and he stayed next to some class mates. Ol boy was playing gta 3 and i was legit mind blown. I didn’t know that type of game even existed. Seeing him get out and beat ppl up, steal cars, and have sex was insane back then.

I didn’t get my first gta until San Andreas tho. Which was another game i followed closely, prior to release.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
bionic commando rearmed announcement for the PS3 is another one

loved the OG version as a kid

didn’t have an NES but my cousin did...used to play the shyt at his house all the time...no saves...had to play that shyt straight and hope it didn’t overheat (which actually happened once when we were close to beating it :angry:) lmao

but ya I went and bought a PS3 (60GB) “fat” joint when the game dropped...a $600 console for a $10 game :mjlol: :skip:

*edit*

I think I had the 80GB version cuz I remembered it didn’t have backwards compatibility...also the price had to have been cheaper...maybe $399/499...I can’t see myself having paid $600 for a console the more I think about it

Last edited:

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Waiting for Metal Gear Solid 2 to drop. Only for it to be a COLOSSAL disappointment. :beli:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
slightly OT but I think for me the PS5 might be my most anticipated console

have never preordered/bought a console on day one before