What was your most anticipated game/gaming moment...?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
...for me it was probably the announcement of GTA III

...a couple years before GTA III...my cousin and I rented GTA2 (PS) on a whim...think it was a rent 2 get 1 extra deal at blockbuster...picked up 2 games which ironically I can’t remember and said fukk it and picked up GTA 2 cuz the cover looked interesting...eventually we started playing it and was initially disappointed it was a 2D game with a bird’s eye view but ended up playing the shyt all night and thought the game would be next level if they made a 3D version

...ffwd to the announcement of GTA III...called dude up and reminded him about GTA2 and told him they were making a sequel for the PS2...we both ended up getting PS2s that day in anticipation of the game lol

Last edited:

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
The day GTA III finally dropped. GTA in 3D, OMG!!!!

Getting X-Men vs Street Fighter for the Sega Saturn with the blue ram cart.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Making it to the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time comes to mind.

Kept hearing how wild it was since by the time I played the game it was out for about 10 years

Once I sunk to the bottom of the lake and opened the gate, I got ready to do work :demonic:

Or at least I thought I was ready...that temple was no joke :whoa:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Anyway for me it had to be Uncharted 3. I just had got hooked onto UC2 so everything Uncharted was being absorbed by me daily. Uncharted forums, videos etc. When they announced the beta I was so damn psyched to get a subway drink to get a beta code. :ohlawd:

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
510eDGr1W6L.jpg

i remember looking at stills of the game in Game Informer thinking it didn’t even look like a video game but real life
latest

when i learned you could fire a mini-nuke in this game :damn:
Last_Guardian_Large-1024x587.jpeg

ICO and SotC are two of my favorite games so I had extra hype for this game to drop on PS3 :ohhh:
i ended up waiting :stopitslime:
and waiting :francis:
and waiting :mjcry:
then needing a whole new console to play it :beli:

Last edited:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Spider man 2 for ps2. First open world super hero game that was good. They hyped the swinging up and it actually lived up to the hype.

oh yea Dragon Ball Z budikai for Ps2. It was the first dbz game since final bout that released state side. I had been playing the Japanese imports but budokai looked next level and had actual in game transformations and arena damage.

these two games actually got me to into message boards because that was the best way to get timely info and leaks.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Spider man 2 for ps2. First open world super hero game that was good. They hyped the swinging up and it actually lived up to the hype.

oh yea Dragon Ball Z budikai for Ps2. It was the first dbz game since final bout that released state side. I had been playing the Japanese imports but budokai looked next level and had actual in game transformations and arena damage.

these two games actually got me to into message boards because that was the best way to get timely info and leaks.

The hype for DBZ Budokai was INSANE. And it DELIVERED :ohlawd:

That and Sonic Adventure 2 were my most hyped games before release and neither let me down :whew:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
The hype for DBZ Budokai was INSANE. And it DELIVERED :ohlawd:

That and Sonic Adventure 2 were my most hyped games before release and neither let me down :whew:

fukk. Forgot about sonic adventure. I Actually saved up money for a used Dreamcast to play sonic adventure 2. It was worth it, back then :ahhh: