What Was Up With All Those Kids Cartoons In The 90's Based Off Inappropriate Adult Stuff?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
:wtf: the 90's was weird if you think about it. what was up with all the cartoons based off adult shyt? who would have thought it would be a good idea to take ultraviolent shyt like toxic avenger and robocop and turn it into a kids cartoon? or something like tales from the crypt with a lot of sex, nudity and dark horror themes? or even something like kid n play which the whole purpose of the movies was to get laid and party? its like if now there were a kids cartoon based off games of thrones. shyt is bugged out :pachaha:

tales from the crypt

tales-from-the-crypt.jpg

Tales-From-The-Cryptkeeper-Cartoon.jpg

toxic avenger

toxic-avenger.jpg

toxic-crusaders-snes-06.jpg

robocop

Robocop-1987-010.jpg

526x297-ToR.jpg

kid n play

kid_n_play.jpg

Kid-n-play-cartoon.jpg

beetlejuice

Beetlejuice.jpg

beetlejuice-cartoon.png

here's a top 10 list of some other inappropriate cartoons :gladbron:

http://screencrush.com/top-10-kids-cartoons-based-on-inappropriate-movies/

Last edited:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
pretty weird but i guess people didn't care where it came from.

Daps
*Leans in and Whispers* "Hey bruh, adults write children shows, not children"

*Whispers in other ear* Adults also shell out the cash for the merchandise and toys, not children, so they sometimes have something for the grownups to watch with the kids.
They've always been doing this, even if they don't adapt a movie. Look at any show that even references themes that only adults would get, like Adventure Time, Rocko, MLP, Shrek, etc.

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
The early 90's was an extension of the 80's. Everything in the 80's for kids were weird and majestic. Watch the Never Ending Story and tell me that movie was not weird and majestic, and it was mainly aimed at children. That was a great time, anything could happen or be, imagination gone wild. They don't make them like that anymore.

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
Most popular kids shows all have adult themes. Look at the GOAT, Batman the animated series. Usually came on during a time when kids could watch it, but lets be real, what kid is really going to appreciate the underlying themes in that show?

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I'll just leave this here.

I'm not complaining about the cartoons I watched as a kid. As fukked up as they were. Dare I say they prepared us for the real world in a way? That dude Him from PowerPuff Girls always came off as some pedo creep to beware of, even as a kid.. And where would I be without Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo and Courage the Cowardly dog? Cartoons today suck. They don't make em like they used too.

And Buttercup :wub: