What was the dumbest shyt you did to get money to buy a game or something as a child?

Daps
I would also try and sell my comic books and old games :pachaha:

I used to have one of those comic value sheets where they would tell you how much certain issues were worth. Mine weren't in mint condition tho at all :mjlol:

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
My friend mom gave my friend $20 to go get milk and said we could keep the change. Which in 1990 we probably woulda had a solid $18 to spend. We spent that whole 20 on Ninja Turtles arcade.

I remeber before he went back in the house lookin like :mjcry: knowing he was gonna catch a whooping.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
s
Rich/spoiled kids need not apply :mjlol:

Back in like 2003 after playing the Viewtiful Joe demo, I was fiending for the game. My pops(RIP) used to leave me money on the dresser every week to get food or get a haircut. Well, my oldest brother used to cut hair so I skipped buying food outside one week and then took the money to get a haircut and returned some old games to Gamestop to get credit to buy it. I made my other brother cut my hair with our oldest brother's clippers.

That haircut was so bad.

I was looking worse than this.

My Mom was like "Who gave you that haircut!?:scust:"

I think I lied and said the barber did or something I can't remember exactly, this was like 20 years ago :mjlol:

shyt was worth it though, Viewtiful Joe was crack :wow: Nowadays it's so funny how buying a game felt like a big deal as a kid.
saw ads leading up to shen mue, knew the release date, where and how to get it AND how much a dream cast would cost cause this would be REVOLUTIONARY!

sold my n64, shyt ton of games, everything, got like a small ass amount of money from a video game store

brought the money home to give to my aunt to hold onto, she tells me "that wasn't just yrs.. you are splitting that with yr brother and sister"

heartsank, lost that, lost my n64, lost everything :mjcry: never even got to play shen mue until I could rent shen mue 2 years later :mjcry:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Nothing crazy. Saved all my lunch and bus pass money for a month and walked to school.

To buy a Master System (this is when the Mega Drive was out) .
I played thay console to death until I bought my PS1.

Looking back my parents didn't buy me any videogames.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
My paps would have chris benoit’d me if he found out i ever stole money from him :sadcam:
qbFN2s.gif

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Catch the bus to the mall get up to the checkout and my dumb ass forgot to calculate the tax so i was like $.47 cents short. I wanted to cry Asked the cashier lady to give me the 50 cent and she said it was against company policy.

So I walked around the mall begging for quarters. Literally bummin for a video game. Telling old white ladies i was stranded and couldn’t get home, which wasn’t that far from the truth since my bus transfer was about to run out of time.

What a cold-hearted c*nt:dead: She couldn't have been Black.

Even when I worked security at a mall, I always kept some cash on me. I even paid the uber for some kids to get home late at night once, idk how a person can work around young people and be that uptight.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Sold my cousin's Mario 64 and both N64 Zeldas to trade for a Gameboy Advance SP. Trade value was (prolly still is) crazy for those games.

I played the hell outta that system but always felt guilty and never bought back those games for my cousin 😔 Bum shyt