What was the dumbest shyt you did to get money to buy a game or something as a child?

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Grinding surveys on sites like swagbucks and bing search to get enough $5 amazon gift cards to buy games for my 360, games that were old as fukk by the time I got them. To this day, I'm proud of my used copy of Splinter Cell for og xbox, first thing I ever bought for myself had to be like 12 or 13:mjcry:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
N64 game prices used to keep a breh sitting at the lunch table like

martin-lawrence-food.gif

while looking at that cardboard tasting rectangular pizza my boys had. I maintained my discipline though and got Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Turok and others.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Not dumb but I would have my mom drive me to target or toys r us back in the day and lie straight to customer service face that my Sega Saturn didn’t come with the free game.

Got Virtua Fighter 2, Dayonta USA, & Virtua Cop too. Did it with that dumbass activator when it got marked down to 10% of its original price.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My pops had $60 cash in his top drawer when one of them DBZ games was coming out. Took $20. Til this day I regret it. Never admitted it.
My coworker told me something similar he’d take money from his dad wallet to get a GameCube. Dude got a ass whooping when they found out lol

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Grinding surveys on sites like swagbucks and bing search to get enough $5 amazon gift cards to buy games for my 360, games that were old as fukk by the time I got them. To this day, I'm proud of my used copy of Splinter Cell for og xbox, first thing I ever bought for myself had to be like 12 or 13:mjcry:

Breh I used to cheese them surveys. Like the one that Gamestop used to give out would keep me fed during my broke times.

All you had to do was have two different emails, click your ass off, and stack. By the following month, I got a 50 dollar Gamestop card :banderas:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Didn’t eat lunch for a month to save up for NFL 2k

My dad cheap ass only gave me $5 a day.

$1.50 for the bus $3.00 for lunch and i’d have $.50 left over every day.

For like a month i walked home and only ate a bag a chips for lunch. Was bringing home like $4.00 a day when i didn’t stop at burger king for a rodeo burger(them damn rodeo burgers:wow:)

So i make it through the month and I got like $65.

Catch the bus to the mall get up to the checkout and my dumb ass forgot to calculate the tax so i was like $.47 cents short. I wanted to cry:mjcry: Asked the cashier lady to give me the 50 cent and she said it was against company policy.

So I walked around the mall begging for quarters. Literally bummin for a video game. Telling old white ladies i was stranded and couldn’t get home, which wasn’t that far from the truth since my bus transfer was about to run out of time.

Eventually i saw one of my older brothers friends and they gave me the 50 cents and a ride home.

Mission accomplished.:ehh:

I also robbed subway to get my xbox but that’s a whole different story :mjlol:

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Didn’t eat lunch for a month to save up for NFL 2k

My dad cheap ass only gave me $5 a day.

$1.50 for the bus $3.00 for lunch and i’d have $.50 left over every day.

For like a month i walked home and only ate a bag a chips for lunch. Was bringing home like $4.00 a day when i didn’t stop at burger king for a rodeo burger(them damn rodeo burgers:wow:)

So i make it through the month and I got like $65.

Catch the bus to the mall get up to the checkout and my dumb ass forgot to calculate the tax so i was like $.47 cents short. I wanted to cry:mjcry: Asked the cashier lady to give me the 50 cent and she said it was against company policy.

So I walked around the mall begging for quarters. Literally bummin for a video game. Telling old white ladies i was stranded and couldn’t get home, which want that far from the truth since my bus transfer was about to run out of time.

Eventually i saw one of my older brothers friends and they gave me the 50 cents and a ride home.

Mission accomplished.:ehh:

I also robbed subway to get my xbox but that’s a whole different story :mjlol:

Gamepass could have saved you from a life of crime:mjcry:

Allen Poe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans --> Las Vegas
I worked at used video game store and stole a bunch of loose games and extra dreamcast consoles we had, and traded them back in to the store, and used the store credit to put towards the OG Xbox. Ended up paying something like $15-$20 out of pocket for it when it was all said and done.

I ended up getting that same Xbox modded right after. I used to go to Hollywood video (r.i.p.) and rent a game, bring it home and copy it to the console's HDD, then bring it back not even an hour later and switch it out for another game and do the same thing. Depending on how cool the worker was, i'd do this 3 or 4 times in any given day all off the price of that initial rental.

Daps
My friend and I were trying to sell our art to make money. :mjlol:

At the time we thought we had some groundbreaking art to sell, but looking back on it, we was just aight. Probably could have gotten a lot better if we had stuck with it.